6.0.7 Status

Industry info, happenings near you, and new product integrations. Hosting an event? Invite people here.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

6.0.7 Status

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Thanks Kevin for the update!
We can wait no problem. We would much rather have solid QA'd code at the cost of a few days/weeks than not.
And once again, we really, really appreciate the transparency and accessibility Zimbra provides throughout this process. It gives us and our clients a great deal of confidence in Zimbra.
Have a great weekend!
Best regards to all,

Mark
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

6.0.7 Status

Post by Krishopper »

With the recent thrashing from people on changing the release dates, I'm far happier that it gets pushed out as a more stable release, than pushed out on the date just to get it out the door.
I have worked in support at a particular software company where they pushed new versions out the door, and it was a horrible time for the support staff, and even worse time for the end users... then they end up sitting and waiting for the next patch to fix all of those issues anyways!
So, that being said - thanks for pushing it back rather than kicking it out the door broken. :)
stiller
Advanced member
Advanced member

6.0.7 Status

Post by stiller »

I don't mind the delays, but perhaps cutting it a bit short with the target dates? Then again, it is a pretty frank look at the realities of software development. I rather see this than the 'Apple' approach.
batfastad
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

6.0.7 Status

Post by batfastad »

Yeah definitely better to have a release fully working than a bug that was due to be fixed then not making it into the release.
What I don't like however is the way the date is changed on the day it was scheduled. If the date's going to change, it would be good to know a day or 2 before the originally scheduled date. Would make it a bit easier to plan upgrades.

Though having said that I normally give it a few days and wait for reports to appear in the "Success Stories" forum before taking the plunge myself :D
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

6.0.7 Status

Post by 14319KevinH »

6.0.7 is now released. Download Zimbra Collaboration Suite, Zimbra Desktop free email client, Zimbra for BlackBerry
amravit

6.0.7 Status

Post by amravit »

when the patch set would be released to allow update for current 6.0.6

thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

6.0.7 Status

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="amravit"]when the patch set would be released to allow update for current 6.0.6[/QUOTE]You use the binary for 6.0.7 to update your currently installed Zimbra, it's available on the downloads page (the link in the post above yours).
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
redix

6.0.7 Status

Post by redix »

Seems that the Nokia E72 compatibility bug request was delayed to 6.0.8 :(
amravit

6.0.7 Status

Post by amravit »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]You use the binary for 6.0.7 to update your currently installed Zimbra, it's available on the downloads page (the link in the post above yours).[/QUOTE]
why there is no patch just to upgrade instead of downloading 450 mg to update from 6.0.6 to .7
quietas
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

6.0.7 Status

Post by quietas »

This is Zimbra's standard method for distribution. Each update is compiled seperately, patches are not normally used. I'd assume this has to do with the number of items normally fixed and also then they do not have to maintain patches for all the versions. It's easier to maintain a complete binary. Even on a 1.5 mb/s connection, 450 megs is a quick download from their servers.