Can we still contribute wiki pages to Zimbra Wiki?

Industry info, happenings near you, and new product integrations. Hosting an event? Invite people here.
10539yutaka
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 10539yutaka »

Hi all,
I recently tried to edit my own wiki pages on Zimbra :: Wiki and contribute some information.

But I could'nt.:confused:

It seemed that edit function was removed.
Is this only me? or it is also for others?
Yutaka
jto_vmware

Post by jto_vmware »

Hello,
We are going to be fixing this to allow people to edit their pages again. We have removed this functionality for now due to spammers.
JTO
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="jto_vmware"]We have removed this functionality for now due to spammers.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately "...for now.." has been an awfully long time (IMO, too long) and still plenty of spam (pdf spam and spam pages) on the wiki and no end in sight for the edit restrictions being lifted. How about the spam and spammers on the forums, when is something going to be done about that?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
robhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by robhoward »

I don't have a direct answer, but I am willing to be held accountable to fixing this.
Getting the community involved not only in the forums, but the wikis and other areas is very important. Step one of this process is getting the Zimbra team re-engaged in the community. I'm here and you should expect to see others from my team participating over the coming weeks.
We've got a lot to do, but I will commit that re-invigorating / supporting our community is very important.
lytledd
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 9.0.0.ZEXTRAS.20221203 FOSS

Post by lytledd »

Rob,
On the funambol Zimbra wiki page there are loads of spam links towards the bottom. I was going to create a profile to clean it up, but will wait until the edit feature is re-enabled:
Open Source Mobile Calendar and Contact Synchronization - Zimbra :: Wiki
Doug
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="lytledd"]I was going to create a profile to clean it up, but will wait until the edit feature is re-enabled:[/QUOTE]The edit feature is enabled and has been for a while, the original thread is from 2012 and the updated reply is from February 2103 - the feature has been enabled since then.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra