Forum Update Feedback

Industry info, happenings near you, and new product integrations. Hosting an event? Invite people here.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Forum Update Feedback

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

In the thread announcing the Forum Update http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announceme ... grade.html we were asked to give feedback. However, when I try to reply to the thread - it says I do not have sufficient privileges to do so.
Please pass on my feedback that for the most part everything looks good - but I find that the colour of hyperlinks (Can you spot the the one in the line above) is too close to the colour of normal forum text. It would be helpful if the default colour could be made to stand out a bit more.
Thanks
10424bofh
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Forum Update Feedback

Post by 10424bofh »

agreed, no feedback possible

i also send a private message with my feedback but got no reply at all

well i dont like the new one much
1. the old one was perfect - very good design, fast useable, worked just fine
the new one is anoying in many ways here a short list

im always logged out - even its jsut a few clicks it just hurts my workflow (and iam fast :)

to much fancy web 2.0 stuff - while this is fine in some consumer, kiddy, whatever forum this one is a very serisouse one like technet

the focus should be on speed, useability not one extra bloating features
i also dont like all that css hidden elements, when iam on my laptop over 3g it really hurts - much more loding time

also partly overloaded now - we dont need must of this stuff - ok i think noone really need many of those new features - but here its not only a "hey not really needed but fun to have" its more a "to much less is more"
really do we need to ratings?

why do we have a birthday calendar?

all those fancy posting options noone need

but whats really anonying is bevore we had a great sticky thread - regular thread difference

i mean you had the header with the stickys which was very clearly different to regulars - now its all the same

just more colorful icons noone need even confuses a little

really for a business forum this is to much of a toy, but the important things to be effecive here are gone
really i like to support and excahnge here - but for most of us its kinda work - so the forum is a work tool not a toy for boored sysadmins

serisously to repeat it - tool
we dont need birthdays (except liverpools for getting him something for the backend)

no fancy icons markign sticky threads - the old design was eprfect

events , albums, stuff backlinks all stuff we do not need
also the recent activity list is meesed up now, bevore i had a clear overview how many hundred threads im gonna answer in the next hour

now with the new design its confusing, no clear look there anymore

na sorry, that upgrade was not a favour to me . and i think many users

maybe some like it, or dont bother, i dont know i can jsut speak for myself and speak from the point of observation about usabailty as a tool to get stuff done (in this case information exchange - even its a forum its work for me)
i also dont get it why the design has such a big change

i could live with additional bloating features IF at least the good stuff remains
but really do it like apple (even i hate it) less is more - faster loading times also means better google rating,

also happier users on 3g

thanks for not readin :)

ARGH again - bevore send was the right button - not its cancel - almsot killed another post
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Forum Update Feedback

Post by ccelis5215 »

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]

Please pass on my feedback that for the most part everything looks good - but I find that the colour of hyperlinks (Can you spot the the one in the line above) is too close to the colour of normal forum text. It would be helpful if the default colour could be made to stand out a bit more.
Thanks[/QUOTE]
They took your feedback, and changed now the hyperlink it's shown in blue.
I gave mine in http://www.zimbra.com/forums/etc/57187- ... posts.html ,no joy.
Think it's very useful for support.
ccelis
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Forum Update Feedback

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

Since the forum upgrade I cannot find out how to mark a thread as solved.
Editing the initial post title no longer updates the thread title. And, I cannot find the Mark Solved button anywhere.
Am I missing something obvious somewhere ?
nightstar

Forum Update Feedback

Post by nightstar »

I can't agree more! The upgrade is really a bad one! I don't like to new look... that they call it "community" but actually not much people here... so how can it be called community? I love the old forum!! I just back and wanted to access to the forum(community), but my account seems already gone! (even I can still found my "footprint" in the history of this forum), so I have to create a new one~

I don't think I will stay here for long~
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Forum Update Feedback

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="nightstar"]I can't agree more![/quote]You're missing the point about the 'upgrade' comment above, that post is from 2012 and refers to the old vBulletin software not the current forum software.
[quote user="nightstar"]I The upgrade is really a bad one! I don't like to new look... that they call it "community" but actually not much people here... so how can it be called community? I love the old forum!! I just back and wanted to access to the forum(community), but my account seems already gone! (even I can still found my "footprint" in the history of this forum), so I have to create a new one~

I don't think I will stay here for long~[/quote]Why don't you take a look around at some of the comments about these forums and what's going to happen in the not-to-distant future before writing us off. [;)]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
nightstar

Forum Update Feedback

Post by nightstar »

It's because this forum is not as good as before. I am not sure whether the 'you' behind the account phoenix is that one I communicated before or not... If you are the staff that using this account from starting until Today, I wonder what's your feeling about the difference in between the old forum and this new community!

This community is fully controlled and administrated by Synacor, all threads would be filtered and monitored before posting to the board, somehow this is good for 'control' and ensure the contents, but for the contribution of users and the feeling of users, it's no good. As remember, we haven't get anyone saying the unwanted 'contents' in the forum, right?

Perhaps, I have to spend some time to learn the new looks and feel here! But seems not many users visit the community as before~ Then you would know what's happening! (BTW, usually the forum system would show up the statistics of the forum like total no. registered members, new joiners, yesterday / today visited no. of members, current online members... it's gone now? Or these data is so secret?)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Forum Update Feedback

Post by phoenix »

I am the same person that's been on these forums for the past ten years and I am not a member of staff, I'm just a user trying to help people but not always succeeding.

These forums are not edited and they are not censored, what you see on these forums (with a few exceptions for spam) is exactly what's been posted by the member. Nobody has been banned, deleted, removed or censored in any of the time that I've been a moderator on these forums (and that's been most of the last ten years).

My comment about 'looking around' the forums was in reference to what's going to happen to these forums now that Telligent and Zimbra have gone their separate ways, this particular software has been criticised (severely) by me and many other forum members and will eventually be changed in the moderately near future. If you don't like the forums as they stand then you're in good company but there's nothing I can say at the moment to convince you to use them, you can either contribute or not - we are still (mostly) the same users that we've always been.

The reason you see nothing about forum 'numbers' is because this software wasn't designed to operate like that, it's not vBulletin, phpbb or any of the other 'true' forum software that most technical users are used to - it's not that those figures are 'secret' it's just that it was never designed to show them and that's because the product is for a different market.

It's a shame you feel that there's some sort of control, censorship or conspiracy with these forums, that really isn't the case and it never has been and never will be - if it ever came to that I wouldn't be here. You can see all the old content on the original (now read-only) forum and nothing in that was ever censored.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
nightstar

Forum Update Feedback

Post by nightstar »

Understand and appreciated for any one of you keep supporting here!

Whatever this software is designed for or targeted for which group of people, but it's meaningful and useful if there is a statistics for the forum / community to show the visited no. & total / online users. That would let the members "feel" that we are not alone at the moment~ And, this is also a marketing strategy, isn't it?

Anyway, even I wonder the belief behind the new design of this software from the beginning & why don't use the existing famous and common forum software, I hope that the development of this software and the community would be better than ever!

Indeed, I haven't visited here for around 1 years, recently I would try to install a new copy for trial. Once I get in the right track and found the way to go, I will keep contribute like before.