JEERS

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

JEERS

Post by jenneme »

What is bugging you about the new forums?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

JEERS

Post by phoenix »

The fact that you can't change the font size on the pages. The fact that you have very limited topic list of posts per page, can that be changed? The fact that you have all these ridiculous pop-ups all over the pages I visit, can they be stopped? The format and layout of these forums is not conducive to a pleasant experience for viewing posts on technical support issues or questions.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
langs
Advanced member
Advanced member

JEERS

Post by langs »

I think you may have missed your target demographic a bit, we are technical people. We like functional and fast, don't get me wrong we love change too but there has to be an upswing and at the moment this feels all a bit too farmville. 

Can we get rid of the "related" pop up's I don't really want to see these things all the time or at least disable that feature in our profiles?  Biggest bug bear atm is there is no content, and it really shouldn't take you guys over a week to migrate the forums.  That's a bit of an indictment.
Brad_C
Advanced member
Advanced member

JEERS

Post by Brad_C »

I tried really hard to be positive about the change, but _ugh_. Slow to load, very little information on a screen, have to scroll for miles, popups... A *like* button?!? Really ? This feels like Zimbra trying to cater for the lowest common denominator, not those who actually use the product and are looking for community support. (or looking to support the community).

Way to dumb down what was actually a great resource that was well indexed externally.

The fact it took *weeks* to transition (and by transition I mean shut off the old forum and export the user database - let's see how long it takes to actually get the years of usable content imported) is very, very sad.

The support forums (and that's what they were) were for community support. When you make it so hard for the community to actually offer that support and contribute I can't see how they can stay relevant. I'd love to see the business case and research that was done to justify the "upgrade".
ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

JEERS

Post by ploeger »

Yeah, well. You know how people react to changes. ;-)
I personally disliked vBulletin from the start, so I'm quite happy with the change. Yes, the change was a bit abrupt and communication could've been better, but I understand the difficulties you had there.
I also try to cope with the constant popups, that vanish once you've clicked through all of them, I believe. It would be nice to have a "STOP TELLING ME!" button or something.
One thing, that could be better, though, is the layout of the forums. They're all in one big list without structure and there are a lot of forums missing. So I guess that after the migration process the list will become very hard to read.
But I like the "eat your own dogfood" approach using Zimbra Community instead. That is something, that will help that product as well.
yellowhousejake
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.1.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

JEERS

Post by yellowhousejake »

I do not use facebook, twitter, instagram, or any other social tool. I am a system administrator and I use forums for answers. I dislike a popup window reminding me every time I come here to login, and when I click the link to make the window go away, I am rewarded with another reminding me how to navigate the forum.

The forum looks cool, looks hip, looks like some folks would love it. I find it a very poor tool. I would propose that a forum with minimal or no imagery, no css, no javascript, just hard html links and ascii text, would be considerably faster and work everywhere.

DAve
mwmh

JEERS

Post by mwmh »

Sorry, but I really dislike leaving the old forum platform. Switching to community is a big step backwards (handling, speed, clearness, searching). IMHO of course.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

JEERS

Post by chauvetp »

Yeah - I really can't stand the ginormous font for the message index. I can look at the old forum and see several dozen posts at once instead of the 4-5 I see at a time now. It makes it far more cumbersome to browse through quickly.

I posted a lot on the old forums (not as much as many, but a decent amount). When I had some downtime I would check if people had issues I might be able to assist in troubleshooting. Doing that now just feels much more time consuming and harder on the eyes.
lithorus
Advanced member
Advanced member

JEERS

Post by lithorus »

[quote user="Jenn Emerson"]
What is bugging you about the new forums?
[/quote]
After just the first 5 minutes of the new "forum".

1. How do I change the title font size?
2. While I'm replying to this post I cannot see the rest of the thread. (after switching to rich formatting)
langs
Advanced member
Advanced member

JEERS

Post by langs »

This is also really messing with my Chi big time, as you can see I have no unread notifications and yet it insists I do, can we please fix this.