Zimbra Open Source: Resources - Locations not showing in calendar

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
lcornelius

Post by lcornelius »

Hi all,
I have been running Zimbra for about a month now.

I'm so far very happy with the software and pleased that I got rid of MS Exchange!
I'm trying to setup resources (locations) for our boardrooms and meeting rooms.

In the admin console I did create the resources, but users don't see it when they create new calanendar entries.
When I click on the Locations button to do a search I select Allow multiple locations. I then leave all fields blank, yet no resources are shown.
Can someone please help?

This is the last building block in getting this up and running.
Regards,

Leon
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

When you go into the locations search panel - just click the Search button. All available locations should be listed.
It does not pre-fill the search panel with all available locations - it only shows them after you perform a search.
lcornelius

Post by lcornelius »

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]When you go into the locations search panel - just click the Search button. All available locations should be listed.
It does not pre-fill the search panel with all available locations - it only shows them after you perform a search.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply.
I did just that and no locations was returned.

So to confirm, I clicked the locations button, clicked the search button.

Yet no results / locations listed.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

There are 2 different resource types in zimbra. One is a Location, the other is "Equipment".
Can you verify you selected type "Location" in the admin tool for the rooms, and check that the status is "Active"
I have set up meeting rooms as Locations, and the overhead projector as Equipment, and both show correctly in the respective searches.
lcornelius

Post by lcornelius »

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]There are 2 different resource types in zimbra. One is a Location, the other is "Equipment".
Can you verify you selected type "Location" in the admin tool for the rooms, and check that the status is "Active"
I have set up meeting rooms as Locations, and the overhead projector as Equipment, and both show correctly in the respective searches.[/QUOTE]
I can verify that I selected "Location" and the Status = Active. The last login however = "Never logged in" I can however confirm that I have logged into the account.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

MINE ALSO SHOWS NEVER LOGGED IN - BUT WORKS ANYWAY.
HERE IS MY CONFIG ...

WHEN YOU LOG INTO THE ACCOUNT (BOARDROOM IN MY CASE) YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THE CALENDAR PREFERENCES HAVE "AUTOMATICALLY ADD RECEIVED INVITES TO CALENDAR" AND ALSO ALLOW INTERNAL AND/OR EXTERNAL USERS TO INVITE ME TO MEETINGS.
YOU SHOULD THEN BE ABLE TO INVITE THE ROOM USING EITHER THE WEB CLIENT LOCATION WINDOW - OR THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE ROOM. YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY GET AN ACCEPTED/DECLINED RESPONSE.
NOTE THAT THERE WAS A BUG IN THIS PART THAT ALLOWED DOUBLE-BOOKING UP UNTIL 7.2.3 OR 7.2.4 I BELIEVE. CHECK THE RELEASE NOTES FOR DETAILS.
Boardroom.jpg
lcornelius

Post by lcornelius »

[quote]MINE ALSO SHOWS NEVER LOGGED IN - BUT WORKS ANYWAY.
HERE IS MY CONFIG ...

WHEN YOU LOG INTO THE ACCOUNT (BOARDROOM IN MY CASE) YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THE CALENDAR PREFERENCES HAVE "AUTOMATICALLY ADD RECEIVED INVITES TO CALENDAR" AND ALSO ALLOW INTERNAL AND/OR EXTERNAL USERS TO INVITE ME TO MEETINGS.
YOU SHOULD THEN BE ABLE TO INVITE THE ROOM USING EITHER THE WEB CLIENT LOCATION WINDOW - OR THE EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE ROOM. YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY GET AN ACCEPTED/DECLINED RESPONSE.
NOTE THAT THERE WAS A BUG IN THIS PART THAT ALLOWED DOUBLE-BOOKING UP UNTIL 7.2.3 OR 7.2.4 I BELIEVE. CHECK THE RELEASE NOTES FOR DETAILS.[/QUOTE]
HERE IS MY CONFIG:

I HAVE LOGGED IN WITH MY BOARDROOM ADDRESS AND CAN CONFIRM THAT THE SETTINGS YOU SUGESTED ABOVE IS SET.
STILL I DON'T SEE THE RESOURCE, NOT DOES IT POP UP WHEN I START TO TYPE THE NAME.
I CAN SEND MAIL TO THE ACCOUNT, YET IT DOES NOT POP UP WHEN I START TYPING THE NAME.

I NEED TO NOTE, THAT I DID NOT SETUP THE MAILIL ACCOUNT, THEN CREATE THE RESOURCE ON THAT ACCOUNT.

THE ACCOUNT WAS AUTOMATICLY CREATED WHEN I CREATED THE RESOURCE.
CPTBoardroom.jpg
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

[quote user="lcornelius"]Here is my config:
I have logged in with my boardroom address and can confirm that the settings you sugested above is set.
Still I don't see the resource, not does it pop up when I start to type the name.
I can send mail to the account, yet it does not pop up when I start typing the name.

I need to note, that I did not setup the mailil account, then create the resource on that account.

The account was automaticly created when I created the resource.[/QUOTE]
I see you have some additional fields for signatures - I assume this means you are running version 8 of zimbra.
It might be worth checking to see if there are any known issues with resources for version 8 in Bugzilla.
lcornelius

Post by lcornelius »

[quote user="liverpoolfcfan"]I see you have some additional fields for signatures - I assume this means you are running version 8 of zimbra.
It might be worth checking to see if there are any known issues with resources for version 8 in Bugzilla.[/QUOTE]
Just had a look and can't find any know bug for version 8 that I'm using :(
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

One last thing comes to mind. The resources/locations have to be in the same email domain as the users. There is no chance you set them up with a different domain, is there ?
Other than that, it looks like you have done everything as you should. I am out of ideas. Sorry I can't help any further.