ZCA 6.0.7 IP address changing to DHCP

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rappleby

Post by rappleby »

Hi,
I am currently looking to trial ZCA in a vSphere 4.x environment.
I downloaded the appliance in .ova format, deployed as per the doco and selected to use a fixed IP address. Once deployed, the IP seems to be a DHCP one.
When I change the IP to a fixed within the Admin interface it seems to hang. The text "Setting network settings" appears on the right and the small circle seems to just rotate forever and ever and ever...
any help/ideas would be appreciated.
update:

I logged onto the console in vSphere for the ZCA and noted that the address had changed to the static IP. After 10 minutes, I logged into the admin web-interface with the new static IP, but cannot login. Error: "Unable to connect to server. Please try again". I can log into the console with as vmware user.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

I assume that the "setting network settings" never appears to complete because the IP of the box changed, and you'll need to reload the web UI from the new IP address.
The most common reason for a static IP assignment to fail is because the VM environment is missing some networking data; either the netmask, gateway, or DNS items or missing, or they don't work with the IP address assigned (eg, the IP address isn't on any network the ESX server knows about).
rappleby

Post by rappleby »

Why would the appliance deploy with a DHCP address when I specify a fixed IP?
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="rappleby"]Why would the appliance deploy with a DHCP address when I specify a fixed IP?[/QUOTE]
For the reasons that I stated in the second half of my previous reply.