Notify new mail

Ask your questions and get help with Zimbra's Outlook Connector.
mikets

Notify new mail

Post by mikets »

Will the reception of acknowledgement of delivery be also integrated in version 4.5.7 or not?

it is also a functionality which does not function with the connector.
w1nz

Notify new mail

Post by w1nz »

I was wondering the same. Read receipts are a very important feature in e-mail these days.
Guest6400
Advanced member
Advanced member

Notify new mail

Post by Guest6400 »

Tell that to this guy:
He's">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/outlook-co ... ceipt.html
He's a donator and doesn't even get a response :confused:
Wait for the next release...try telling that to users who depend on these things...I'm glad I was checking the forums and caught this before I had people calling about it.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Notify new mail

Post by jholder »

[quote]Tell that to this guy:
He's">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/outlook-co ... ceipt.html
He's a donator and doesn't even get a response :confused:
Wait for the next release...try telling that to users who depend on these things...I'm glad I was checking the forums and caught this before I had people calling about it.[/quote]
Hi Canmike-

Are you saying that you had read receipt ability and now it's gone? or are you talking about the new mail notification?
jh
Guest6400
Advanced member
Advanced member

Notify new mail

Post by Guest6400 »

To just quote myself:
[quote]Wait for the next release...try telling that to users who depend on these things...I'm glad I was checking the forums and caught this before I had people calling about it.[/QUOTE]
I was saying that they should wait for both features to be added in the next release. I was glad that I caught the notification bug before I had my users calling about it, as I already know about it now and won't try in vain to fix it.
I've never had read receipts working before, but the notifications did work just fine. I was being a bit facetious about the read receipts as this is one thing my users really depended on before Zimbra and there was no way to find out that this basic feature was NOT in Zimbra before switching. Needless to say there were many people irked at me/my dept. after that change :rolleyes:
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Notify new mail

Post by jholder »

Canmike-

I totally understand your frustration. Once we have a QA build, we're going to try and get it onto the support site so that you can download a newer, pre-release version.
This is a very important feature, but we want to QA the connector a little longer before we release it, to ensure there aren't any more unforseen bugs.
On the read receipts, all I can say is that it's got a lot of votes, and it's been something that we've debated internally a lot. It's scheduled for the next major release after 5.0.
Not much more I can say :(
Guest6400
Advanced member
Advanced member

Notify new mail

Post by Guest6400 »

Thanks for the response jholder, I can see where you guys are coming from too. It's gotta be trying dealing with us whiners on the forums :D
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Notify new mail

Post by jholder »

Yeah, no worries. :)
Users generally search for open bugs. They don't search for all the bugs we've fixed ;)
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Notify new mail

Post by jholder »

Hi All-

We've placed a new build of the outlook connector on our support site. Bug fixes include:
Bug 6255: Send Mail through Corresponding Office Apps (Word, Excel, etc)

Bug 16060: Discrepancies in context menu in calendar shared with Editor role

Bug 17809: Accepting an appointment shows permission denied dialog

Bug 17435: Unable to reauthorize in ZCO after changing account name

Bug 18070: Outlook systray notification not working on 4.5.6

Bug 18094: intitial sync large mailbox with large external gal causes debug assertion
Cheers!

john
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Notify new mail

Post by Klug »

Excellent, merci !
Unfortunately, I have a problem with it...

Bug 18408 - Build 1068 ZCO does not like full names for recipients