Yahoo Small Business SMTP Server

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
William9

Post by William9 »

It's definitely a bug that prevents sending any messages from a Yahoo! Small Business account. Now the developers just need to find out why it doesn't work.
William9

Post by William9 »

Still can't send from Yahoo! Small Business account.
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

William could we get some logs?
Check ~/zimbra/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.out & mailbox.log snips for any info you want private/scrub them.
Public Options:

-Attach them to this thread.

-If it's really short (like the error is clear in 5 lines) just copy them into a post.

-Put in your wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=jbww-Notes

-You could zimbra private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool or any other filesharing program out there - yousendit or whatever FTP you may have.
If they need to be private:

-Private Message us a link.

-Email them to jjzhuang, dac, & mmorse at this domain.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

it looks like yahoo mail is experiencing small biz mail sending issues in general and it affects multiple clients, including iphone and zdesktop. so this is not a zdesktop specific issue.
William9

Post by William9 »

[quote user="mmorse"]William could we get some logs?
Check ~/zimbra/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.out & mailbox.log snips for any info you want private/scrub them.
Public Options:

-Attach them to this thread.

-If it's really short (like the error is clear in 5 lines) just copy them into a post.

-Put in your wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=jbww-Notes

-You could zimbra private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool or any other filesharing program out there - yousendit or whatever FTP you may have.
If they need to be private:

-Private Message us a link.

-Email them to jjzhuang, dac, & mmorse at this domain.[/QUOTE]

I emailed the my log last week to jjzhuang. Let me know if you need more.
William9

Post by William9 »

[quote user="jjzhuang"]it looks like yahoo mail is experiencing small biz mail sending issues in general and it affects multiple clients, including iphone and zdesktop. so this is not a zdesktop specific issue.[/QUOTE]
I have been able to send Yahoo Small Business mail from other clients such as Outlook Express and Apple Mail app. Maybe it's not a zdesktop specific issue, but it may be a Zimbra issue.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

[quote user="William9"]I have been able to send Yahoo Small Business mail from other clients such as Outlook Express and Apple Mail app. Maybe it's not a zdesktop specific issue, but it may be a Zimbra issue.[/QUOTE]
that's because you are using SMTP, but both iphone and zdesktop use the yahoo mail soap api for sending messages. it's the soap api that's experience problem.
William9

Post by William9 »

I'm glad that you've identified the problem. Somehow let us know when it's fixed so that we can use Zimbra Desktop.

Thanks.
BBennett

Post by BBennett »

Just to add to this conversation... I am having the same problem PLUS.... I have found that I also cannot send from my web interface. That really bugs me.
On Zimbra when I send an email I get a pop up which says MESSAGE SENT. However no message is ever received.
Meanwhile...
On Yahoo Web Mail (New) when attempting to send a mail I get an error message:
"An unxpected problem has occured ((unknown error)). Performing your action again in a few minutes will probably solve the problem. If it persists we suggest you close this window and re-launch Yahoo Mail."

Both problems occured after installing Zimbra Desktop for Yahoo Mail.
Too bad.
jbww

Post by jbww »

I just thought I would echo BBennet's post. Had the exact same problem (can't send mail from ZD or from Yahoo Mail 2.0 web interface) and same error message and had to switch to Yahoo Mail Classic in order to send mail at all. This was this past wednesday. I spent over two hours on the phone with Yahoo support and by the end of the call they basically said, "Sorry, use classic mail for now and check back and see when the new 2.0 mail works. Nothing we can do." I seems too coincidental to me that these "unknown" errors and problems came after installing ZD. As both Yahoo mail 2.0 and ZD rely on the soap api. It looks like they have identified that soap is the issue above. Hopefully this issue can be solved quickly. Peculiar how Gmail works so well with a Yahoo! product(ZD) and the Yahoo! accounts don't seem to work yet.
btw; the Yahoo! tech i spent so much time with let it slip that he had heard that all yahoo mail was going switch and roll out via Zimbra by November. If this is accurate then we can assume the soap issues will be resolved soon. Giving ZD another try today.