Yahoo Small Business SMTP Server

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
BBennett

Post by BBennett »

[quote user="jbww"]I just thought I would echo BBennet's post. Had the exact same problem (can't send mail from ZD or from Yahoo Mail 2.0 web interface) and same error message and had to switch to Yahoo Mail Classic in order to send mail at all. This was this past wednesday. I spent over two hours on the phone with Yahoo support and by the end of the call they basically said, "Sorry, use classic mail for now and check back and see when the new 2.0 mail works. Nothing we can do." I seems too coincidental to me that these "unknown" errors and problems came after installing ZD. As both Yahoo mail 2.0 and ZD rely on the soap api. It looks like they have identified that soap is the issue above. Hopefully this issue can be solved quickly. Peculiar how Gmail works so well with a Yahoo! product(ZD) and the Yahoo! accounts don't seem to work yet..[/QUOTE]
Sounds like the experience I had as well. I called Yahoo mail support - after I had tried classic mail with success - the rep suggested the same solution of continuing to use classic mail. When he spoke with others it seems that there was an upgrade in progress so hopefully that would be corrected soon. However I have not been able to use the new mail system and have had to continue to resort to classic. He also said I would be contacted when it was resolved. So far the only contact has been a survey :( :rolleyes:
I am a step away from unloading Zimbra until this gets resolved.
americancrew

Post by americancrew »

I'm experiencing the same problem for both windows and mac systems, where I cannot send emails from any of my small business accounts from within ZD. But luckily I am still able to send through the web version (non-classic). I then tried to go back to the account setup in ZD to click on the debug feature, but after I click save settings, anything i do there will just freeze at that point. Can't go anywhere, but to force shut down of the application. And when I reopen ZD, the settings were not saved.
So, I can't put any debug codes. sorry.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

[quote user="americancrew"]I then tried to go back to the account setup in ZD to click on the debug feature, but after I click save settings, anything i do there will just freeze at that point. Can't go anywhere, but to force shut down of the application. And when I reopen ZD, the settings were not saved.[/QUOTE]
That's because you haven't applied the patch. See here http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general-qu ... users.html
William9

Post by William9 »

It just doesn't work with Yahoo Small Business Mail. That should be made clear to customers up front.
bwphoto

Post by bwphoto »

Zimbra does not send nor receive my business mail. It does for my standard yahoo account. I really not getting why Yahoo can't do IMAP for the business mail. Whether working in their own program or via Apple Mail, Outlook or whatever.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Post by jjzhuang »

bwphoto wrote:Zimbra does not send nor receive my business mail. It does for my standard yahoo account. I really not getting why Yahoo can't do IMAP for the business mail. Whether working in their own program or via Apple Mail, Outlook or whatever.
we are aware of this issue, but it's a yahoo mail server issue and it has been reported to the server team.
William9

Post by William9 »

Not only should be made clear to customers before they struggle with it that Zimbra doesn't work with Yahoo! Business Mail. There should be a way to notify customers when the product has been developed so that is does function with Yahoo! business mail.
lendein

Re: Yahoo Small Business SMTP Server

Post by lendein »

But POP only supports simple download and delete operations. That means only a copy of the message is downloaded to your email client and a deleting emails only deletes your local copy. The emails in the server remains intact and you need to periodically check and remove unwanted mails in the server manually to avoid filling up your space quota.
ggnkji

Post by ggnkji »

It just doesn't work with Yahoo Small Business Mail. That should be made clear to customers up front. :)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

ggnkji wrote:It just doesn't work with Yahoo Small Business Mail. That should be made clear to customers up front. :)
That doesn't really matter as Zimbra Desktop is no longer being developed or supported.

BTW, you should not be adding posts to a thread that is eleven years old, do not resurrect threads like this in the future.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra