[SOLVED] Yet Another Backup Script for Community Version

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
vhinzsanchez

Post by vhinzsanchez »

apologies, still not testing...have been doing other stuff at the moment....will be posting here results
vhinzsanchez

Post by vhinzsanchez »

Still have not tried...the error on setting up mailx is:
Connecting to ubuntu.lnix.net|81.26.52.3|:80... connected.

[quote]HTTP request sent, awaiting respinse... Read error (Connection times out) in headers.
Retrying.
The scripts tries to download/setup mailx by 40 tries and gives up.  [/quote]

I am still wary of doing manual installation of mailx (as earlier posted) because as ciclonite has posted:
"I have not try to install one of this packages manually because im worry about the postfix installation."
While I'm on a test environment, it was installed with the same versions as our live servers.  Well, that and I have no clue on how to install mailx (without breaking postfix).
vhinzsanchez

Post by vhinzsanchez »

Yup...have to manually install mailx. Installation went smooth. I was also able to simulate a restore but the backup process with few messages and just a bunch of emails took over 40mins of backup time with over 10 mins of being offline for full and almost the same (7 mins of downtime) for diff. I would imagine putting this on live server with over 400GB of mailbox size...maybe something I won't recommend.

Anyways, it was a great and working script.

Thanks!