Error: 503. Service unavailable.

Working with Zimbra Talk? This is your Forum, drop here your questions with the Installation, Configuration, etc.
mrgus

Error: 503. Service unavailable.

Post by mrgus »

I'm trying to test Zimbra Talk here. The Zimbra Talk tab does show up, but immediately after it loads I get an error: "Error: 503. Service unavailable."

This error message appears to be coming from the Zimlet code, not directly from any request made by the web browser itself. There are no requests in the dev console that have errors. I'm not finding anything in the nginx logs on the Zimbra server showing a 503. The /var/log/jetty8/<date>.stderrout.log file on the Zimbra Talk server doesn't show any errors either.

I've traced the source of the error message down to self.handleError in /opt/VNCtalk/vnctalk-jappix-mini/mini/javascripts/mini.js being thrown from JSJaCHttpBindingConnection.prototype._handleInitialResponse (in the "Check for errors from the server" section).

If I edit the code to show the response it got, I get: <body xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' type='terminate' condition='host-unknown' xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/httpbind'/>

I'm not suggesting it's an issue with the code or anything, just digging into the source of the error since I'm not sure where else to look. I assume it's a configuration issue, but not sure where that might be or where else to look.
sensor

Re: Error: 503. Service unavailable.

Post by sensor »

Hi.
this indicates that there is no VirtualHost configuration in prosody for the domain of your user. Basically your need the multi-tenancy/multi-domain feature that is about to be publicly available. Jorge should be able to comment about availability...
solubiz

Post by solubiz »

Simply following up on this issue-

1) Any expected ETA for that multi-tenancy tools?

2) Any instructions how to manually setup additional domains for Zimbra Talk? (ie. Not the default domain used on the Zimbra server)

Thank you!

Nic
solubiz

Post by solubiz »

OK - manual steps performed, I'm almost there:

On the Zimbra Talk server-

1) cp /etc/prosody/conf.avail/DEFAULTDOMAIN.cfg.lua /etc/prosody/conf.avail/NEWDOMAIN.cfg.lua
edit the new file and update the VirtualHost "DEFAULTDOMAIN" to VirtualHost "NEWDOMAIN"
ln -s /etc/prosody/conf.avail/NEWDOMAIN.cfg.lua /etc/prosody/conf.d/NEWDOMAIN.cfg.lua
restart prosody (/etc/init.d/prosody restart)

2) cp /opt/VNCtalk/vnctalk-hybrid-authenticator/DEFAULTDOMAIN-vnc_hybrid_authenticator.cfg to /opt/VNCtalk/vnctalk-hybrid-authenticator/NEWDOMAIN-vnc_hybrid_authenticator.cfg, edit the new file and under [LDAP] update the Base=

The chat is now working for non-default domains. Last issue that remains, when I try to create a Video Conference it always returns the following error no matter what name (subject) I give it:

The Room name you entered is already registered by another user. Please choose a different room name.

Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thank you!
solubiz

Post by solubiz »

In the Chrome developer tools, I get the following error when trying to launch a Video Conference...

Failed to load resource:
https://zimbra.MYDOMAIN/service/proxy?t ... tp-bind%2F
the server responded with a status of 401 (no authtoken cookie)

I do have a preauth key for my "add-on" domain... do I need to use it anywhere?
rizkypratama

Post by rizkypratama »

Please check your SSL Configuration, and check your configuration file in /opt/VNCtalk/vnc-uc/VNCtalk/vnctalkInstaller/vnctalkInstaller/vnctalk_installer.cfg
search for authentication_shared_secret
mrgus

Post by mrgus »

Original poster here, and sorry for the late response.

We actually weren't doing a multi-tenant install for this test server (though that will eventually be an issue). However, mentioning this kind of tipped me off to something that ended up solving the 503. My zimbra test servers were z85test1-3.ourdomain.com, and the zimbra talk server was on z85test4.ourdomain.com. When it asked any questions about the zimbra server, I gave it z85test1. However, for "Enter the VirtualHost XMPP domain", I was giving it z85test4, since that's where the xmpp server was going to live. I installed giving it z85test1, and got past this 503 error.

Now, however, I have a new issue. Creating a room results in the following error:

The Room name you entered is already registered by another user. Please choose a different room name.

My first attempt was a room called "test". In case that was a reserved thing somehow, I tried a room with a random garbage name and it still gave the same error. Nobody is using this test server other than me. No rooms are actually created. Most other actions ("invite to...") result in this message.

The one area where I have had success is if I start from the tooltip when mousing over a contact. Then I can get a successful text chat with another user, though trying to start a videoconference will result in the "already registered" error.
solubiz

Post by solubiz »

SSL configuration is working perfectly. Everything is working perfectly for the default domain. We are running Zimbra Enterprise server. I am trying to make this work for non-default domains. Apparently the Zimbra team has configuration tools coming. Any ETAs?

Thank you!
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi guys,
We have launched the new Zimbra Talk installer, which you need to get it from the Try Zimbra Talk page as usual, and we have multi-tenancy! We have a wiki already: We have as well a YouTube video with the upgrade steps: And here the new Installation Wiki: Please let us know !

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
skflone

Post by skflone »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Hi guys,
We have launched the new Zimbra Talk installer, which you need to get it from the Try Zimbra Talk page as usual, and we have multi-tenancy! We have a wiki already: We have as well a YouTube video with the upgrade steps: And here the new Installation Wiki: Please let us know !

Best regards
excuse me Jorge , maybe my question is not following the Topic , but in documentation of zimbra Talk in the part of uncompress the install-zimbra-talk.tgz . I can see the Zimbra Talk includes the install-zimbra-tak.sh , but i download the trial license and no installer inside the .tgz .