Changing IP Address

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rsaeks
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.11_GA_3737.RHEL7_64_201

Changing IP Address

Post by rsaeks »

Hi everyone,

I currently have an 8.0.9 system setup at 192.168.40.8 and a new machine (to build) planned out at 192.168.40.80. The new machine will be on a private virtual switch allowing me to segment the two machines and have both resolve with the correct production hostname. When the time comes to do the switchover, I was planning on turning off Zimbra on the old machine, changing the IP address and then flipping the new box over to 192.168.40.8. Are there any issues with changing the IP address of the Zimbra server once it is built? The DNS name and hostname will remain the same.

Thanks!

Randy
vavai
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

Re: Changing IP Address

Post by vavai »

Hi,
rsaeks wrote:Hi everyone,

I currently have an 8.0.9 system setup at 192.168.40.8 and a new machine (to build) planned out at 192.168.40.80. The new machine will be on a private virtual switch allowing me to segment the two machines and have both resolve with the correct production hostname. When the time comes to do the switchover, I was planning on turning off Zimbra on the old machine, changing the IP address and then flipping the new box over to 192.168.40.8. Are there any issues with changing the IP address of the Zimbra server once it is built? The DNS name and hostname will remain the same.

Thanks!

Randy
It should be no problem. Make sure that your A & MX records of DNS are using new IP, your /etc/hosts using new address and don't forget to modify trusted network :

Code: Select all

zmprov modifyServer hostname.domainname.tld zimbraMtaMyNetworks '127.0.0.0/8 your.server.ip.address/32'
https://www.vavai.net/2008/10/change-ip ... e-problem/