I'm glad to inform you that the Zeta Alliance is starting its first crowdfunding project soon! (yaaaaaayy)
The aim of our crowdfunding is to by promote the development of new zimlets and extensions to benefit both users, which can propose and sponsor the features they need, and developers looking for nice projects to start or contribute to.
To start off, we've set up a quick survey to choose the first zimlet we will crowdfund among 3 options that have been discussed during our weekly meetings - which everyone is invited to join
- Group Mailboxes: an improved version of the legacy "Family Mailboxes" featuring both GUI and CLI tools to set up and manage full-mailbox sharing.
- Integration with Mayan EDMS: two way file integration between Zimbra and Mayan EDMS, plus integrated preview of files in Mayan from the Zimbra WebClient.
- Calendar/Tasks integration: improve the "Tasks" feature's usability by displaying task information - such as start and end dates - in your Calendar, create new tasks from appointments and more.
SURVEY LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/D32H3GQ
The survey will remain open for 2 weeks, then we'll create a dedicated repository in our GitHub and after assessing the effort needed together with all developers who want to contribute we'll set up an Indiegogo campaign to fund the development. Any developer interested in the project can contact Barry de Graaff via the Alliance's Devel mailing list
Comments, feedbacks and suggestions are welcome, but please use the survey link to cast your actual vote so that we can better keep track of your feedback...
Have a nice day,
For more information about the Zeta Alliance - an alliance of users, partners, and contributors for the Zimbra Email & Collaboration Platform to help ensure its long term success and health as an open source project - feel free to:
- Visit our website at http://zetalliance.org
- Join us on IRC in the #zetalliance Freenode channel
- Subscribe to our mailing lists at http://lists.zetalliance.org
- Attend our weekly meetings