rendering issue

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
Jean-Luc

rendering issue

Post by Jean-Luc »

Hi,

When I get some promotional (HTML) emails from Zimbra, Wowza and others, these emails are not rendered correctly. Here is a screenshot showing an email from Zimbra Image.

I am using Zimbra Desktop 7.2.7 GA (build 12059) on Windows 8.1. What am I doing wrong ? Please help.

Jean-Luc
wrightg

Re: rendering issue

Post by wrightg »

Jean-Luc, I just created a login to this forum to ask the exact same question.

For some reason, when receiving a few html formatted messages, they do not display properly. I get a picture as you do, that covers just the top half of the screen.

Anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Greg ...
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi guys,
Please try the next:

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
Jean-Luc

Post by Jean-Luc »

Hi jorgedlcruz,

Thanks.

I checked the box ("Display pictures automatically in HTML Email"). It does not seem to change anything in the display of these emails. Is it supposed to be immediately effective for all emails or will it only work for emails received after the setting was changed ?

By the way, if I click the "Forward" button, the message displays correctly while I edit it.

Jean-Luc
rzack

Post by rzack »

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Zimbra 7.2.7 GA build 12059 on Windows 7.

Many HTML emails do not display properly on the preview or when double-clicked. I have the "Display pictures automatically in HTML Email" option checked and this does not help.There are only two ways to view these emails:

1) Forward them, which then shows properly in the body of the forward email.

2) If you repeatedly double-click to open the message, it will sometimes show a few more lines when it opens. If I double-click the message about a dozen times I can ultimately read it. The double-clicking actually helps reduce the frustration of this bug in my favorite email client.

Seems like maybe a bug?

Richard
charlesrr

Post by charlesrr »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Hi guys,
Please try the next:

Best regards
I don't recommend clicking that button. It's not the problem and will open you up to spam email from embedded pixel link trackers.

Just to note, I upgraded to build 12102 recently and it still has the issue.
If I click reply, I see the whole email.

Is it perhaps some issue with a limit on how many kb you are allowed to download per email? If there's an image, it would blow that limit quickly.
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

I realize that by checking that box there is a possibility of opening a spam tracker, but it still does not answer the question as to why these messages do not display correctly and how to fix them.

I receive messages regularly from my golf club and they are not readable. I did not know that if I hit "REPLY" then the original message would display in the reply screen. That is a work-around, but I would like to see if there is a fix for the problem. If it is an html problem from my club, then I can let them know and they can fix it, but if it is a rendering problem with Zimbra, that too, would be nice to know.

Greg ...
charlesrr

Post by charlesrr »

Definitely a zimbra "feature". Emails are fine on my phone
wrightg

Post by wrightg »

Yes, it renders properly on my iPad and Nexus 7 tablets and my Nexus 5 phone. But still does not answer the question about why it does not render properly using Zimbra Desktop. Fails on 7.2.7 and on 7.2.8.

Is this a known issue that they chose not to fix or is the issue something that is not generally known and maybe someone should inform them.

It would be nice to be able to read all my HTML emails and not just 60% of them!

Thanks.

Greg ...
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

All HTML rendering issues are going to get fixed with version 7.3 (In development).
We are replacing web framework (Replacing old Prism framework with latest chromium based NW.js framwork)