Zimbra desktop unable to access yahoo mail

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
kawong326

Zimbra desktop unable to access yahoo mail

Post by kawong326 »

Zimbra desktop 7.2.8GA version is unable to authenticate against yahoo mail if the yahoo mail option 'allow access to less secure app' is disabled. Yahoo said it is unsave to have it enabled which is the reason I disabled it. Doing some google and noticed yahoo is pushing all application to use OAUTH 2.0 to authenticated instead of userid/password.

Do Zimbra has any plan to support the new way Yahoo mail going to work ?
Is it unsafe to 'enable' the yahoo option 'allow access to less secure app' ?

Any input most welcome.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra desktop unable to access yahoo mail

Post by PriteshGajjar »

This is known issue and as of now ZD is using older API's which are no more supported. There is a bug https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=98822. You can add yourself in CC for further updates.
Lou

Post by Lou »

Have you found a solution yet I have just started to want to use Zimbra but cannot set up Yahoo mail account, yet they are saying it works with Yahoo. Tried to contact them but was unable to do so. Where does that leave us ? :roll:
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Lou wrote:Where does that leave us ? :roll:
If you read the post immediately above yours you will have an answer to your question.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Lou

Post by Lou »

Thank you Bill for that answer but I have no idea what it means. I am a retired person just wanting to be able to save my emails to my hard drive, so when I need to access saved emails I do not have to go on the internet each time. Can you help in simple terms. Thanks Lou
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It means there is no solution available at the moment. The problem is that the method used to connect to Yahoo is no longer supported and Zimbra Desktop needs to be modified to allow it to connect to the service, the bug report mentioned is used to track the status of this problem and unfortunately there is no date been given for the availability of a fix.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Lou

Post by Lou »

Thank you Pheonix for that, now I know so I have to look elsewhere for something and will delete Zimbra from my computer
Many Thanks Lou
jeffkny

Post by jeffkny »

I was just reading this forum after posting my own error report when trying to add Yahoo account. I love ZD above others as the email list contains checkboxes allowing me to delete email without opening it. Other email apps I have tried do not allow such clicking and deleting. I have tried many, but have been using ZD many years on both Windows and Linux. This is too bad.

Jeff