How to auto reply by sender and filter

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
bbond

Post by bbond »

How can I set up an automatic reply and filter by sender and text contains something.

For example, if my boss sends and email asking who wants tickets to the opera. the filter picks up her address, and "tickets", and "opera", then sends an automatic reply saying "yes, thanks!"
mino

Post by mino »

Some new about that?

I would be interested in that feature.
binny1986

Re: How to auto reply by sender and filter

Post by binny1986 »

Hi,

I also need that kind of filter. I want to set auto reply to specific email IDs. It would be great help for smart lazy people like me. ;D
Onlyzen

Post by Onlyzen »

binny1986 wrote:Hi,

I also need that kind of filter. I want to set auto reply to specific email IDs. It would be great help for smart lazy people like me. ;D
Following, Have you got your solution Binny?
barrydegraaff
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by barrydegraaff »

Hello All,

Introducing a new Zimlet Reply by Filter. While you could always configure Zimbra filters to send automated replies over CLI using:

Code: Select all

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com afrl "Filter_name" active any address "to,cc" all is "alias@domain.com" reply "Auto reply message" stop
This feature was not available to the end user in the Web Interface.
This new Zimlet adds a button in Preferences -> Filters -> Create Filter to add this functionality.

Screenhots at:
https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/reply-by-filter

So that should be the answer to the question above.
mdearing

Post by mdearing »

barrydegraaff wrote:Hello All,

Introducing a new Zimlet Reply by Filter. While you could always configure Zimbra filters to send automated replies over CLI using:

/opt/zimbra/bin/zmmailbox -z -m account@domain.com afrl "Filter_name" active any address "to,cc" all is "alias@domain.com" reply "Auto reply message" stop
This new Zimlet adds a button in Preferences -> Filters -> Create Filter to add this functionality.

Screenhots at:

Hi Barry,

I managed to get my administrator to implement this Zimlet on my request in an effort to further streamline my office's workflow. However, even when setting the most basic parameters for the filter (i.e. simply setting the subject filter to contain the word "test" and creating a basic reply) replies aren't sent. I've even tried running the filter on a folder only containing that singular email, and again, no luck. Could there be something I'm doing wrong on my end?
barrydegraaff
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee

Post by barrydegraaff »

mdearing wrote:
Hi Barry,

I managed to get my administrator to implement this Zimlet on my request in an effort to further streamline my office's workflow. However, even when setting the most basic parameters for the filter (i.e. simply setting the subject filter to contain the word "test" and creating a basic reply) replies aren't sent. I've even tried running the filter on a folder only containing that singular email, and again, no luck. Could there be something I'm doing wrong on my end?
Hello mdearing,

I just tested it, and it still works, the best way to find out how to make a filter, is creating them via the WebUI first then find how out how it is stored via the command line for further command line use.

This command will give you all filter rules for a user:

zmmailbox -z -m user@example.com gfrl
In my case it returns the following filter, which I created via the WebUI:

"test" active any header "subject" contains "test" keep reply Hello World! stop
And the filter indeed works, when a message with the word `test` in the subject is received, the sender gets an auto reply containing "Hello World".
--
Barry de Graaff
Email: barry.degraaff [at] synacor [dot] com
Admin of Zimbra-Community Github: https://github.com/orgs/Zimbra-Community/ and the
Zimlet Gallery https://gallery.zetalliance.org/extend/
Jakob009

Post by Jakob009 »

binny1986 wrote:Hi,

I am in the same queue. Looking forward to your kind help. Thank you.
Heather0099

Post by Heather0099 »

barrydegraaff wrote:Hello All,

Screenhots at:

Just Checked it. It was helpful. Thanks for adding screenshots. That was a plus.