Zimbra mails not arriving to Outlook services

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra mails not arriving to Outlook services

Post by Marcosebas »

Dear Forum members,

Since yesterday I am facing issue to send mails to Outlook/Hotmail my mails are simply not arriving unless the contact (the email account of my zimbra) is added in Outllook/Hotmail destinatary. I am facing this issue with Outlook and their services like mail exchange that other institutions use as their mail service (Mail Exchange).

My IP is not blacklisted neither considered as Spam. In different mail testers I get perfect grade as SPF, DMarcs, DKIM and rDNS are correctly configured. THis problem is only with Outlook services.

Please, any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Marco
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra mails not arriving to Outlook services

Post by phoenix »

This is a problem that you will have to resolve with Microsoft support, there is nothing we can do about 'why' another mail server is rejecting your mail or marking it as spam. You should take a look at the headers of an email to see if there's anything that indicates why there's a problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

phoenix wrote:This is a problem that you will have to resolve with Microsoft support, there is nothing we can do about 'why' another mail server is rejecting your mail or marking it as spam. You should take a look at the headers of an email to see if there's anything that indicates why there's a problem.
I found couple of minutes ago another thread where people said they had the same problem. Any solution was given to this. You understand that contacting Microsoft Support isnt some easy to accomplish.

Previous thread: viewtopic.php?t=59346&start=10
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Marcosebas wrote:I found couple of minutes ago another thread where people said they had the same problem. Any solution was given to this. You understand that contacting Microsoft Support isnt some easy to accomplish.
Yes, I know about the other tread and I do read all the posts that pass through these forums. What, exactly is it that you think we can do? You have all the correct setting in your SPF, DKIM, DMARC etc. and you're not blacklisted yet you still have problems delivering mail to an external server - why do you think this is a problem with your ZCS server or do you think we have some magic trick to get your mail accepted? You've already said that adding the contact mail address gets your mail though, if you're not prepared to look at the headers of one of these 'failed' messages then there isn't much else to do although you could try asking on a Microsoft forum about this specific problem.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

Bill chill out, thank you. Any comment is appreciated. My question was as I see that there is some people facing this problem. I don't know if maybe there is a problem between Outlook/Exchange and Zimbra that can't be solved for a Zimbra Administrator.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Marcosebas wrote:Bill chill out, thank you.
I'm perfectly 'chilled out', thank you. I'm trying to determine what you think anyone on these forums can do to resolve this Microsoft problem.
Marcosebas wrote: Any comment is appreciated. My question was as I see that there is some people facing this problem. I don't know if maybe there is a problem between Outlook/Exchange and Zimbra that can't be solved for a Zimbra Administrator.
There are lots of people in the world facing this problem but, as I've already mentioned, you have all the correct settings in place and your mail is not getting through - that is a 'problem' (or by design) at the receiving server not your ZCS server - there is nothing to be done here and the only Microsoft can implement any solution. This 'problem' has been in existence for a long time, searching the internet will provide you with a wealth of results.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
It's really weird, you can check your reputation on senderbase and let us know, also as Bill mentioned, please try to reach Microsoft, especially on the next link: I need to write a Wiki about it :)

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Hello,
It's really weird, you can check your reputation on senderbase and let us know, also as Bill mentioned, please try to reach Microsoft, especially on the next link: I need to write a Wiki about it :)

Best regards
Hi Jorge,

Nice to see you in here, your blog and wiki are great and really helpful.

No problems on that way, I am not blacklisted and as I wrote all securities are done in my mail following the steps of your blog haha. Mailtester, the one you recommend, is giving me 10/10

I will try to use that link you gave me, thank you.

Regards,

Marco
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Yay! Appreciated all the good words. That tool is specifically for Microsoft based so it might help you.

Let us know how it goes, also the sender base reputation?
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
Marcosebas
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Marcosebas »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Yay! Appreciated all the good words. That tool is specifically for Microsoft based so it might help you.

Let us know how it goes, also the sender base reputation?

Hi Jorge I am still facing issues with this. I used the url you passed me adding my ip, also I am not blacklisted at all and i have a good sender base reputation.

https://www.talosintelligence.com/reput ... 219.50.133]

I don't know why the mails are not arriving to Outlook services :(