Snoozed events don't come back - Appointment Reminder stop to popup after snooze command

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Snoozed events don't come back - Appointment Reminder stop to popup after snooze command

Post by phoenix »

scantec wrote:Problem still happens on 8.7.11 - support is still looking on this
Do you actually have a support case open with Zimbra on this issue, if they haven't moved forward on it I'm guessing they can't reproduce it. I wouldn't hold out much hope for any updates on bugzilla as I don't believe they use that anymore for their bug triage/reporting - there's a ton of bug reports that haven't been looked at in many years. It's sad really, that used to be a useful resource in addition to the Product Portal which, IIRC, they've also been promising to resurrect for many years - now we're just left swinging in the breeze, sad really. :(
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Snoozed events don't come back - Appointment Reminder stop to popup after snooze command

Post by scantec »

Yes we have a support case on this since April!! They seem to have already reproduce as they already said "It looks like server side issue" on support e-mails ... and I've sent them additional logs as asked and I'm waiting.. You're right bugs seem to be ignored, this is sad - in this case we can't upgrade the customer as he uses this feature on every working day, and it's a basic feature of Zimbra not working properly - I've seen this on every server I tested - I'm thinking that in this case Zimbra will probably lose a customer if this don't get fixed

phoenix wrote:
scantec wrote:Problem still happens on 8.7.11 - support is still looking on this
Do you actually have a support case open with Zimbra on this issue, if they haven't moved forward on it I'm guessing they can't reproduce it. I wouldn't hold out much hope for any updates on bugzilla as I don't believe they use that anymore for their bug triage/reporting - there's a ton of bug reports that haven't been looked at in many years. It's sad really, that used to be a useful resource in addition to the Product Portal which, IIRC, they've also been promising to resurrect for many years - now we're just left swinging in the breeze, sad really. :(
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

scantec wrote:Yes we have a support case on this since April!! They seem to have already reproduce as they already said "It looks like server side issue" on support e-mails ... and I've sent them additional logs as asked and I'm waiting.. You're right bugs seem to be ignored, this is sad - in this case we can't upgrade the customer as he uses this feature on every working day, and it's a basic feature of Zimbra not working properly - I've seen this on every server I tested - I'm thinking that in this case Zimbra will probably lose a customer if this don't get fixed
This really is a sad state of affairs, once upon a time bug reports used to get updated but no longer and I would have thought being able to reproduce what (it seems to me) is a fairly basic function that's not working and leaving clients in the dark is totally unacceptable especially if they walk away. :(

FWIW, today I've updated to the latest 8.8.5GA and a very minor bug that was reported four months ago still brought down my server when I installed and restarted the services. The fix is removing one item from a config file template, I would have imagined that these trivial bugs would get fixet quicker and leave a more pleasant taste in the mouth that having to reconfigure the file myself. Just in case it affects you, it's a problem with a dual-stack IPv6/IPv6 server and the relevant bug is 108293 but there's no problem with an IPv4 server.

Good luck in getting your problem solved for the customer. :)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by scantec »

Still happening on Release 8.8.6.GA.1906.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 NETWORK edition
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by scantec »

Still happening on Release 8.8.7.GA.1964.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 NETWORK edition.
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by scantec »

Still happening on Release 8.8.8.GA.2009.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 NETWORK edition !

This is 1 year old now!!,

1 year with support "working" on this,

1 year the server can't be upgraded because of this! :evil:
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by scantec »

Here you can have a visual of this functional problem (i've seen this across various zimbra versions, this is just an example) no one is able to solve..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWUChBuGbw
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by scantec »

Still happening on Release 8.8.9.GA.2055.UBUNTU16.64 UBUNTU16_64 NETWORK edition, Patch 8.8.9_P3.