How to remove Active Directory External Auth FOSS

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
alex_rhys-hurn

How to remove Active Directory External Auth FOSS

Post by alex_rhys-hurn »

Hi,

I have run in to a challenge. I have a single standalone zimbra server running Zimbra FOSS that has been upgraded over the years from Zimbra 6 to current version of ZImbra 8.8.8.8

My problem is, that when I started with ZImbra 6, Microsoft Active Directory External Authentication was a feature included with FOSS edition, and now that Feature is excluded. However, the feature has continued to work as I have upgraded. So, now I have Zimbra FOSS 8.8.8 with external Auth via Active Directory.

I want now to decommission the Microsoft Active Directory and move to internal authentication, but I cannot see how to modify the config to disable the external authentication. Currently my users are authenticating via internal auth, due to the switch to log in locally if external auth fails.

This gives slow logins as the Active Directory is not reachable anymore and user has to wait for the AD lookup to fail before logging in locally.

How do I disable external auth and move back to internal auth as default for Zimbra FOSS?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

MY SYSTEM DETAILS:
External Auth Settings:
ext_auth.png
ext_auth.png (17.83 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
Zimbra:
Release 8.8.8.GA.2009.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 FOSS edition

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS"
alex_rhys-hurn

[SOLVED] How to remove Active Directory External Auth FOSS

Post by alex_rhys-hurn »

Hi,

I fixed it.

I used:

Code: Select all

zmprov modifydomain itworx.co.ke zimbraAuthMech zimbra
My confusion had been that I was looking for the INTERNAL authentication method, but the internal method is actually called zimbra

Thanks,

Alex
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: How to remove Active Directory External Auth FOSS

Post by phoenix »

Why do you think you can't use AD for external authentication? AD, AFAIK, is still just an LDAP server.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra