Backup NG restore GUI missing

Forum to discuss, report issues, or provide feedback about Zimbra Admin Plus
Y.M.

Backup NG restore GUI missing

Post by Y.M. »

Hi everyones,

In previous version we had a section i could chose a dated backup set and start a restore for a mailbox or an entire domain that will contain what was in that mailbox/domain at that said date.
Now in 8.8.8 the NG Suite tools are there but no section to do a restore.
Documentation is not clear at all about this. I should have an option in the cog wheel while in the manage accounts section but there is none.
Even tried on a brand new vm with the latest version just in case the upgrade missed something and same thing.
I can do it in CLI but still cannot target a date.
How i am suppose to restore a mailbox with or without a target date?

Look like to me thoses options should have been pushed has BETA like the IMAP.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: Backup NG restore GUI missing

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Y.M. wrote:Hi everyones,

In previous version we had a section i could chose a dated backup set and start a restore for a mailbox or an entire domain that will contain what was in that mailbox/domain at that said date.
Now in 8.8.8 the NG Suite tools are there but no section to do a restore.
Documentation is not clear at all about this. I should have an option in the cog wheel while in the manage accounts section but there is none.
Even tried on a brand new vm with the latest version just in case the upgrade missed something and same thing.
I can do it in CLI but still cannot target a date.
How i am suppose to restore a mailbox with or without a target date?

Look like to me thoses options should have been pushed has BETA like the IMAP.
I'm seeing the restore directions in the BackupNG portion of the Admin Guide no problem...
From the Account List
Running Restore from the Accounts tab in the Zimbra Administration Console allows you to operate on users currently existing on the server.
If you need to restore a deleted user, please proceed to Restore via the Administration Zimlet.

Select Accounts in the left pane of the Administration Console to show the Accounts List.

Browse the list and click the account to be restored (Source).

On the top bar, press the wheel and then the `Restore ` button.

Select Restore on New Account as the Restore Mode and enter the name of the new account (Destination) into the text box. You can then choose whether to Hide in GAL the new account or not. When you’re done choosing, press Next.

Choose the restore date. Day/Month/Year can be selected via a minical, the hour via a drop-down menu and minute and second via two text boxes. Click Next.

Verify all your choice in the Operation Summary window. You can also add additional email addresses to be notified when the restore operation is finished. Pleas notice that the admin account and the user who started the restore procedure are notified by default.

Click Finish to start the restore.
Works for me; hope that helps,
Mark
Y.M.

[SOLVED] Re: Backup NG restore GUI missing

Post by Y.M. »

Look like patch 5 fixed something.
The restore option is now available ... love that kind of time wasting
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: [SOLVED] Re: Backup NG restore GUI missing

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Y.M. wrote:Look like patch 5 fixed something.
The restore option is now available ... love that kind of time wasting
I'm glad it's now working for you, but I've just checked two 8.8.8 systems, one with and one without Patch 5, and the UIs for mailbox restoration are identical.

All the best,
Mark
yannick

Post by yannick »

Hi everyones,

I have exactly the same issue that Y.M. but I don't see any solution and the documention is not very clear.
I recently update Zimbra from NE 8.7.11 to Zimbra NE 8.8.8 and the restore option is not available in the BackupNG section, nether in the account list.
I can restore a delete account in the BackupNg section but I can't select a restore date like in th 8.7.11 version to restore an account.
I try to create a case in the support portal of Zimbra but it seem not working.

Sorry for the bad english and thx for all your help.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by L. Mark Stone »

8.8 account restores are performed from the Manage Accounts window in the Admin Console.

Right-click on a mailbox and choose Restore. The Wizard pops up and gives you all of the restore options, including the time range.

Hope that helps,
Mark
lelik

Post by lelik »

L. Mark Stone wrote:8.8 account restores are performed from the Manage Accounts window in the Admin Console.

Right-click on a mailbox and choose Restore. The Wizard pops up and gives you all of the restore options, including the time range.

Hope that helps,
Mark
OS Ubuntu Server 16.04
Zimbra Collaboration Open Source 8.8.11
Zimbra Suite Plus 2.12.3

I have exactly the same issue, no GUI recovery options, for the experiment, installed the ZeXtras Suite Plus 2.12.2 module, GUI restore works!
What's wrong?
dino

Post by dino »

lelik wrote:
L. Mark Stone wrote:8.8 account restores are performed from the Manage Accounts window in the Admin Console.

Hope that helps,
Mark
OS Ubuntu Server 16.04
Zimbra Collaboration Open Source 8.8.11
Zimbra Suite Plus 2.12.3

I have exactly the same issue, no GUI recovery options, for the experiment, installed the ZeXtras Suite Plus 2.12.2 module, GUI restore works!
What's wrong?
OS Centos 7
Release 8.8.11_GA_3737.RHEL7_64_20181207111719 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.11_P3.
Zimbra Suite Plus 2.12.3
Same problem here!