Limit shipments

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
ALP
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.8 Patch 4 Network Edition

Limit shipments

Post by ALP »

Hello, I need to limit the amount of shipments per user per day. In what way could I do it? I do not have the possibility to implement cbpolicyd.

Thank you
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Limit shipments

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

you can use CBPolicyd module which is embedded with Zimbra.
Full doc is on Zimbra Wiki.

See You
ALP

Post by ALP »

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned earlier, I can not use CBpolicyd. Although Zimbra includes it in its implementations, they do not provide any type of support. I also tried to implement it following the wiki and it does not work well, miscount the amount of messages sent. Is there any other alternative?
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

"they do not provide any type of support"
Not true. They do support it. What makes you say they do not provide support for it?

"miscount the amount of messages sent"
Known and buggy behaviour, when depending on the client used, it counts the messages twice. I think if you use outlook or alike it counts the messages twice and it counts the messages just fine if you use the weblicent (or viceversa). The fact of knowing this, allowed me in the past, configure this in a reasonable way.

I'm not aware of any other alternative. Maybe using some sort of 3rd party appliance/service that can relay messages for you and then implement the rules in there? I'm thinking in things like cisco ironports or fortinet mail appliances or SaaS providers that offer relay services.

Regards,
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

@pub_sepa : can you provide me the link for the bug about double accounting ?
Thank you
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

@DualBoot Sorry mate, i never see an actual "bug" report opened for this. But you can see all over this forum people saying how mails are counted double, it happened to me and even in places where cpolicyb and amavis work together, this also happens. https://users.policyd.narkive.com/BB36L ... sage-twice

As i said, is a known "buggy" behaviour...i'm not aware of any actual bug report being filled for this, sorry.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It's not a bug and perhaps you're thinking of the behaviour described in item 14 in this FAQ: https://github.com/KTamas/pflogsumm/blo ... mm-faq.txt
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ALP

Post by ALP »

pup_seba wrote:Hi,

"they do not provide any type of support"
Not true. They do support it. What makes you say they do not provide support for it?

Regards,
Hi pup_seba .. they do not really support cbpolicyd configurations. I copy the response of a zimbra engineer through the support portal.

Thank you for contacting Zimbra support.
We are sorry to say that we do not support this type of customization in postfix level. You can configure the Cbpolicyd to set the limit per account.
Email throttling per user using cbpolicyd as given in the below wiki article :
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Cluebringe ... _cbpolicyd
Please note that this is a customization and is not a supported feature. We suggest to try the steps in your test server first.

regards
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

Weird, I did got support for this component and it would be pretty weird that they provide a functionality which is not in tech preview nor beta phases, but they do not provide support.

What is normal from their side to do (it makes sense too), is to not provide support for some particular customizations...like adding dictionaries to aspell, some tweaks to the postfix...or enabling the web interface for cpolicyb. But the package itself should have support for "normal" operation.

Or I am understanding something really wrong...or maybe we are missinterpreting what support told you?

I would suggest to you to open a support ticket again and ask for clarification about what they mean by "customization"...defining a rule following certified documentation (it is certified doc...not "just" a non verified community contribution like other wikis) should be supported...I would insert a suprised pikachu meme here but i'm too old for that shit :P