[SOLVED] Mass deletion from calendar

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

Hello all,
We have some users who have been moved over from Groupwise (through the Groupwise migration utility for Zimbra). When it moved over calendar events that repeated (for example, an event every tuesday, repeating forever) it migrated each instance over as a separate calendar event. Now if a user wants to change or edit the event, they have to do so manually for each event in the series.
Is there anyway to mass delete/select multiple events in the calendar at a time (so the user can then recreate them natively in Zimbra as a series)? It seems that there must be a better way then telling the person to delete 52 events a year (for something that repeated weekly).
P.S. I've seen entries in the forums about deleting all items in a calendar - I don't want to do that - just delete ones which match a specific search for example.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
MAdMoNKEY

Post by MAdMoNKEY »

Bump. I was just wondering the same thing - can anyone help?
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

I forgot I made this post actually - but figured it out a couple weeks ago - but only for the standard/HTML and not the advanced/AJAX version.
Once in the Standard version, click on the calendar tab, then click on Edit (above the calendar list on the left).
There is a check box next to: "Permanently delete all appointments in this calendar. This operation can not be undone". You can check that then click the "Delete All Appointments" button.
MAdMoNKEY

Post by MAdMoNKEY »

Ah, you just saved me a heck of a lot of work! Great timing too - I had just emailed my hosting provider to empty out my Calendar from the command-line. Thanks again!