zimbraPrefOutOfOfficeReply with accents [solved]

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mrgreiner

zimbraPrefOutOfOfficeReply with accents [solved]

Post by mrgreiner »

Hi,

I intend to migrate my domain to a new one, and after migrating all the mailboxs I wish to create new mailboxes with the old addresses, and include an Out of Office message for these informing of the address changes. Since there are many mailboxes, I intend to use zmprov for this.

I already found the commands to do it, but there is one problem I'm having difficulties. Our server is in Brazil, so the OOO messages need to be in Portuguese, which uses accents (í,á,ç etc). How do I use them in the CLI, making them appear properly? If I use them directly, the string is converted to some error character (like: ��). If I set the message using the webconsole, I saw that the accented characters are encoded using UTF-8, but if I use UTF-8 encoded characters in the command line, they appear unencoded: So á, which I encode as =C3=A1, appears as =C3=A1 instead of á.

Did somebody pass through something similar?

Thanks,

Roberto
Last edited by mrgreiner on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: zimbraPrefOutOfOfficeReply with accents

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hi Roberto,

You need to set the LC_ALL for the Zimbra user:

export LC_ALL="pt_BR.UTF-8"

If you will run the zmprov commands in a script, you need to put this line first.
mrgreiner

Re: zimbraPrefOutOfOfficeReply with accents

Post by mrgreiner »

fs.schmidt wrote:Hi Roberto,

You need to set the LC_ALL for the Zimbra user:

export LC_ALL="pt_BR.UTF-8"

If you will run the zmprov commands in a script, you need to put this line first.
Great!

This made it work correctly.

Thank you,

Roberto