Zimbra Desktop Remote Installation ?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
ibrahimayhan

Zimbra Desktop Remote Installation ?

Post by ibrahimayhan »

Hi,
We Plan the Use of Zimbra Desktop in Domain Environment, Zimbra on our Mail Server
It Is Very Difficult To Install One By One Since There Are 100 Computers
Is it possible to set up an e-mail account with the command set structure such as .vbs, .bat?
Could the account be set up automatically on whichever computer the user opens?
I expect support from you, Good Work ...
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra Desktop Remote Installation ?

Post by gabrieles »

Why are you planning to use a discontinued piece of software on which you will not receive support even from the sw house?
ibrahimayhan

Post by ibrahimayhan »

gabrieles wrote:Why are you planning to use a discontinued piece of software on which you will not receive support even from the sw house?
Since the Software is Simple, Clear and Easy to Use,
We Are Stopping The Use Of Microsoft Products In Our Company,
Apart from that, we use Thunderbird, but we are looking for an alternative solution.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

ibrahimayhan wrote:Apart from that, we use Thunderbird, but we are looking for an alternative solution.
A product that is not supported by the developer, has bugs and is EOL is not an alternative it's a dead-end. You will not get any help/support if ZD eats your data, I'd suggest you search for a better solution to your problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ibrahimayhan

Post by ibrahimayhan »

phoenix wrote:
ibrahimayhan wrote:Apart from that, we use Thunderbird, but we are looking for an alternative solution.
A product that is not supported by the developer, has bugs and is EOL is not an alternative it's a dead-end. You will not get any help/support if ZD eats your data, I'd suggest you search for a better solution to your problem.
thank you very much for your support,
I'm Taking ZD Application Out Of My Schedule
Lewis-H

Post by Lewis-H »

Go Zimbra Desktop Downloads to download the installer for your platform.
While you can choose to install to any folder on your computer, the default install paths on the respective platforms are as follows:
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32bit) - C:\Program Files\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop
Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 (64bit) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop
Mac OS Snow Leopard - /Applications/Zimbra Desktop
Linux - /opt/zimbra/zdesktop
On Linux, the default install location /opt/zimbra/zdesktop often requires root permission. If that is the case, run the Linux installer as root. Answer "No" when asked to "continue to install data files for user: root". Login as regular user to complete the second part of the installation.
Each user's data is under their standard data location on the respective platforms as follows:
Microsoft Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop
Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop
Mac OS X Snow Leopard - /Users/<username>/Library/Zimbra Desktop
Linux - <home>/zdesktop
where <username> is the username of the user and <home> is the home directory of the user.

I hope this information helps!
Regards,
Lewis