Find junk files in zimbra store

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
esse eddy

Find junk files in zimbra store

Post by esse eddy »

Hello everybody,
I need to get only the messages that users have marked as Junk in their mailboxes, but I can't find the messages files in zimbra store.
I've found how to get the path of a user_ID and the folder_ID using ZMMAILBOX GMI / GAF, but the content of the folder id for 'Junk' does not corresponds with what I see from my mail client.
I just need a path containing the junk files, to copy or rsync them into another server for spam learning purposes.
I cannot use zimbra internal antispam because in our environment this function is centralized in another server.
Please help or give me some hints about a method to get these files...

Thanks
esse eddy

Re: Find junk files in zimbra store

Post by esse eddy »

Many view, no response.
At least I'd like to know if this is possible...

Thanks
JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_P39 NETWORK Edition

Post by JDunphy »

There is a tool to pull the nightly spam which is used by the spam training module. You can however pull those files yourself and move them to another server for training. It will create a directory and put all the files trained by your users in that directory. I discuss it here in this older thread.

viewtopic.php?t=65303

This is the command line

Code: Select all

# su - zimbra
% /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmspamextract -s -o /tmp/some_spam_directory_not_created_or_created
If you want the other case where it was incorrectly classified, use the -n option vs -s

HTH,

Jim
esse eddy

Post by esse eddy »

Thanks a lot,
I'll have a look to this.