UPDATED Read-Only CVS^H^H^H SVN Now Available

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

We've now moved the OSS source code to a SVN server hosted by Sourceforge. This should have better uptime and bandwidth than our old home grown solution to a CVS mirror.
SVN Page:

ViewVC">http://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=153217
ViewVC:

Please">http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/zimbra/
Please give us feedback and report and problems.
marstonstudio

Post by marstonstudio »

I tried the line using the terminal from my Mac iBook but it timed out. Is it possible to connect through Eclipse? I haven't found a way in Eclipse to add the option and command switches -z6, -d, and co main.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="marstonstudio"]I tried the line using the terminal from my Mac iBook but it timed out. Is it possible to connect through Eclipse? I haven't found a way in Eclipse to add the option and command switches -z6, -d, and co main.[/QUOTE]
I use this on Eclipse and it worked for me. Your right you just set it up as a CVS project no -z6 (compression) or -d. I've done it from work and home so not sure why it's timing out for you.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Just to follow up here, we did have some firewall problems that got resolved this morning. So if this didn't work for you the first time please try again.
marstonstudio

Post by marstonstudio »

Thank you very much, apparently i was hitting the firewall. This time I had no problem connecting in Eclipse. I ignored the switches and commands and used the following settings:
Host: cvs.zimbra.com

Repository Path: /usr/local/cvsroot

User: anonymous

Password: (blank)

Connection type: pserver
Thanks for the help. I'm a .Net/Actionscript developer working on learning both Java and Ajax. I'll be studying your source code to help learn. Thanks again.
alexbsa

Post by alexbsa »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Read-only CVS access is now available. Please note this is NOT M2 but a bleeding edge view into mainline. So it's going to have bugs and on some days won't even compile. ;) Have fun!!
From a Unix host simply run:

cvs -z6 -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.zimbra.com:/usr/local/cvsroot co main

Please let us know if you run into any issues.[/QUOTE]
Its down ATM i gather.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="alexbsa"]Its down ATM i gather.[/QUOTE]
Working for me. I just did an update via Eclipse and it worked fine. What error are you getting?
alexbsa

Post by alexbsa »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Working for me. I just did an update via Eclipse and it worked fine. What error are you getting?[/QUOTE]
Ah no, now its working fine.... my firewall....sigh.
However... it seems the mysql tarball is not up on the cvs, and the update to openldap .28 is also not reflected on the CVS. So it doesnt even start to build for this reasons (ill go get the packages though).
I think we need a thread (cvs build or something) where we devels on the CVS branch can exchange experiences with it so we dont nag you guys at all.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

THere's a build howto in ZimbraServer/doc - you're correct, we don't ship the thirdparty source - you'll need to grab that from the various websites where it (it being postfix, ldap, etc) live.
alexbsa

Post by alexbsa »

[quote user="marcmac"]THere's a build howto in ZimbraServer/doc - you're correct, we don't ship the thirdparty source - you'll need to grab that from the various websites where it (it being postfix, ldap, etc) live.[/QUOTE]
Well DUH.... its wonderfull the howto... thanks a lot.