Zimbra Self Registration

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by jholder »

Is there any way to create a selfregistration page, using the one you use for the demo?
We have lots of users, and I was thinking that it would be very difficult to create all of them. Rather than creating each one of them, or give them access to the admin account, I'd like to try a registration page.
Thanks!
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by 14319KevinH »

The demo code is pretty specfic to our hosted demo, and it's a bit of a hack to install/setup. We'd like to make this code more flexible, and allow it to be an option at install time. We think it would be useful for lap trials and deployments where there is no need to restrict signups. So in the short term your best bet is to create a simple JSP/PHP/ASP page and make a call to zmprov with the account details. You can then use the preauth code to auto-login the user.
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showpost.p ... ostcount=5
2440msca

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by 2440msca »

according to this topic.
if i have a self registering page written in js.

Its sending soap request to auth and to create user.

but!

for auth i have to give an admin account name and password who can create users in that domain. After i got an auth token and i can create user with that. But if i have it on js, anybody could able to look it, and after use it! I mean get the admin account-password easy
is possible ways to hide it?
I have another server with the zimbra servers cert. Running webservice, i can access zimbra server through soap and web as well.

Nobody else can access through soap because he hasnt got cert.

But can access through web, because it is working.

So he could look after the admin password from the js, and after use it on web login page.
It is possible to restrict only 1 user from loggin on web page?
it is not will be a security hole when i put that name-password on js?
is any better way to do this?
thx
regards,

sZabi
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by 14319KevinH »

Don't use JavaScript for this. Do it in a JSP or server side call. I think other's have used PHP for this and our hosted demo uses Java/JSP.
aadilbcas

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by aadilbcas »

though its an old thread, it is mentioned that custom signup page would be available as an option, im posting here to know whether any solutions are there for self-registeration process or still we have to use PHP..?
please let me know what do i have to do for a 'signup page'..!!
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by jholder »

haha

This is a funny thread. I posted this before I started working for Zimbra :)
If you can use soap classes (in either jsp or php) you can provision accounts. We have customers who do it, and we do it for the hosted demo.
ljm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by ljm »

A suggestion: download the Zimbra source code and read soap.txt and preauth.txt to get the idea of how preauth works. There are also examples of doing SOAP in perl.
mshanley
Advanced member
Advanced member

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by mshanley »

If there are some people doing this, how about posting some examples..?:)
mouden.asmae

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by mouden.asmae »

hello everybody,

i want to create the self registration page using AJAX and jsp but i have many question, how can i insert this page with the webmail of zimbra also i want add other pages to the webmail, i explain more, i want to create webmail as gmail, hotmail,... i want to use as mail server zimbra, user can register to the system,login have his inbox, receive send mails, also i want to make groups and user can subscribe to the groupe and receive mails from the group and send mail to the group,

so for that i want to create a self registration page in first and add this page to the zimbra webmail which offer the authentification page and inbox.... and add the group page when user have the list of groups and can subscribe. can anyone help me and give me the way to do that??:)
xiebo

Zimbra Self Registration

Post by xiebo »

I need an example too. Any help?