When Zimbra finished migrating source to git

Have a great idea for extending Zimbra? Share ideas, ask questions, contribute, and get feedback.
13546dalmate
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13546dalmate »

Like the title, Zimbra has announced that its source codes would be migrated to github instead perforce, so I want to know when this task finish? Now, I can not access Perforce server to update source codes.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="13546dalmate"]Like the title, Zimbra has announced that its source codes would be migrated to github instead perforce, so I want to know when this task finish?[/QUOTE]You can be sure there will be an Announcement when it's available.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
13546dalmate
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13546dalmate »

because I have some zimlet wrote base on zimbra's code, so I need update :)

Thank buddy,

Can not do anything except waiting.
LowPass

Post by LowPass »

[quote user="13546dalmate"]

Can not do anything except waiting.[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting for the new GIT too, estimated duration of downtime was 1 week but it's been 5 weeks and counting.
clloyd09

Post by clloyd09 »

Does anyone know if this is even going to happen? It's now 2014 and I see no information at all about the upcoming git repository.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="clloyd09"]Does anyone know if this is even going to happen? It's now 2014 and I see no information at all about the upcoming git repository.[/QUOTE]It is happening and as I've already said there will be an announcement when it's complete, as frustrating as it may be until that time you'll have to wait.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
clloyd09

Post by clloyd09 »

Thanks Bill. I missed that you're a moderator, and not just an optimisitc forum user. Thanks for the update. :)
bergonz

Post by bergonz »

I understand that migrating to git is not trivial, but for an open source product sources are essential. Yesterday two critical security patches where published, and people who made local modifications to the sources are unable to patch.
Sources without revision control are much better than no sources at all. I think that as a temporary measure you really should upload the source tarballs (expecially 8.0.5 + recent patches) somewhere, e.g. in the old sourceforge files area.
Regards,

Bergonz
jdybik33204

Post by jdybik33204 »

Many apologies for the inconvienence this might be causing, but it's just not been as simple as copying files from one datacenter to another. I'm literally right now filling out some cost justification paperwork to purchase the new storage trays that were not accounted for to host the repositories in our own Zimbra datacenter. Remember the old datacenter didn't belong to us and much of the equipment didn't either. Of course it will get approved, but I can't just run to my local computer store and pick up some USB drives to put this stuff on. :P
grob115

Post by grob115 »

Hi, will the source on Git be limited to functions available only to the Open Source Edition or the Network Edition as well?