Installation procedure for already operational server

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

Hi,

I don't know if the question was already asked but I have, for years, a MTA with Postfix, amavis-new, SpamAssasin, ClamAV, OpenLDAP as well as Apache, MySQL and JBoss 4.

Of course, this server being operational, I don't want to change anything to it (I'm using a own-modified Horde as Webmail for now).

So is there a document somewhere that explains which databases and tables must be created, which LDAP schema must be created (I already saw a PDF explaining that), and so on?

Of course I can read any installation script that comes with a distribution but if there is something faster ...
Regards,
db
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

That's not supported, you'll want to either install from source or read the install.sh and zmsetup.pl scripts...
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

[quote user="marcmac"]That's not supported, you'll want to either install from source or read the install.sh and zmsetup.pl scripts...[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you.

if I understand well, I have to make it my own way and write my own documentation hoping there will not have too many changes

in the next release.

Right ?

db
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

[quote user="marcmac"]That's not supported, you'll want to either install from source...[/QUOTE]

I didn't find any documentation about compiling and installing from sources either in the sources themselves or on the site. Did I make a bad search ?
db
PS: the make in the ZimbraBuild directory is not very helpful.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Post by marcmac »

ZimbraServer/docs/cvs-build-howto.txt
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

[quote user="marcmac"]ZimbraServer/docs/cvs-build-howto.txt[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

I'm going to read it.