Stats/Logger

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rsharpe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Stats/Logger

Post by rsharpe »

In a multi-server installation where does logger and/or snmp portions of the ZCS need to be install inorder to have working stats?
I have looked at several other threads regarding my empty graphs, and my conclusion was that there was no data in the database because it can't pull any postfix logs from /var/log/zimbra.log because the MTA package is not stored on the Logger/Mailstore server.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Stats/Logger

Post by 14319KevinH »

Logger should be install precisely on one of the mailbox servers.
rsharpe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Stats/Logger

Post by rsharpe »

Okay that is already done. Now how do I set it up so that MTA logs on one server at fed to the logger service on another service. From poking around my first thought is through swatch, which is installed with the SNMP package. And that would have to be installed on........ :confused:
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Stats/Logger

Post by 14319KevinH »

Logger doesn't need snmp or swatch. It gets the logs via syslog. So you need to run /opt/zimbra/bin/zmsyslogsetup as root on each machine. Make sure you can send/recv syslog messages between the hosts.
rsharpe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Stats/Logger

Post by rsharpe »

Ahhh.... perfect thank you KevinH. And for anyone else that needs this post.... to be able to receive remote syslog just add the -r switch to the init script or in RH/FC case it is in the /etc/sysconfig/syslog file.