Login Domain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
camjohnson

Login Domain

Post by camjohnson »

Has anyone figured out how to automatically append the default domain to the username in the login screen?
camjohnson(@defaultdomain.com)
I've attempted to search the webapp directories to insert a hidden text field in the login window without success.
Thanks,
Cam Johnson
fmodola
Advanced member
Advanced member

Login Domain

Post by fmodola »

that's probably very interesting when there is only one domain.

but that's not interesting when there's several domains
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Login Domain

Post by bobby »

you can choose the default domain for the server in the global settings of the admin console. users in the default domain do not need to enter the full email address to login
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Login Domain

Post by bobby »

also, we have an rfe on file to allow multiple default domains for virtual hosting: Bug 4957
comptekki
Advanced member
Advanced member

Login Domain

Post by comptekki »

[quote user="17224bobby"]you can choose the default domain for the server in the global settings of the admin console. users in the default domain do not need to enter the full email address to login[/QUOTE]
How do you do this? The default domain is already the default and the only option I see for the domain on global settings.
bobby
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Login Domain

Post by bobby »

[QUOTE]How do you do this? The default domain is already the default and the only option I see for the domain on global settings.[/QUOTE]
are you saying that you have multiple domains but they are not showing up in the list to choose for the default domain? whatever domain is showing as the default should allow those users to log in with just the username.
comptekki
Advanced member
Advanced member

Login Domain

Post by comptekki »

[quote user="comptekki"]How do you do this? The default domain is already the default and the only option I see for the domain on global settings.[/QUOTE]
ok - it does not work with admin account but works with other accounts.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Login Domain

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="comptekki"]ok - it does not work with admin account but works with other accounts.[/QUOTE]
It will never work with the admin account. Admin's always must use the full domain to login.