Almost misleading

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Morg0

Almost misleading

Post by Morg0 »

Hey guys,
1 Thought you might like to know that I chose the network trial for installation as it has an outlook connector. However had I known that it only supports outlook 2003 I would not have wasted my time with the trial, would have gone straight for the open source download. Most of my users use outlook 2002 or less and to do the install and find they werent supported was quiet dissappointing. Simply amending your site to `limited outlook support' or similar might save a few frayed tempers.
2 On the positive, the install is straight forward (easy) and professional.
3 Not having a pop up mail notification is receiving complaints already (its only been installed for one day).
4 Cant find any recent posts about date display - here in the great land of DownUnder we like to read our calanders day/month/year not month/day/year. Is there any easy way to change this?
5 When my trial expires can I update to the open source version and keep my

configs, mailboxes etc.
6 gprs pocket pc imap checking is very fast (awsome) with my provider. Please please please please give us a connector for syncing contacts and calander please please please - do you think I might have an office full of mobile workers !
Regards
Morg0
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Almost misleading

Post by 14319KevinH »

1) Sorry you were confused or misled. This is very clear in the sys requirements doc:

You">http://www.zimbra.com/pdf/Zimbra%20Coll ... ements.pdf
You read the docs before deploying this to your users right? Or tested on a client config similar to what your users will use.
2) Thanks.
3) We have a local toaster for this we'll release at some point. You can always just look at the app status area of INBOX to see there are new messages.
4) If your browser language is set to the right locale it should just work.
5) Yes this is possible, but works best if you move up to a new version and not try to over-install.
6) This is in the works. We just released the iSync beta for Apple clients. The sync support for pocket PC and Treo type devices is coming soon.
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Almost misleading

Post by 1230zaf »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]

6) This is in the works. We just released the iSync beta for Apple clients. The sync support for pocket PC and Treo type devices is coming soon.[/QUOTE]
Do we know yet what kind of client this will require on the Palm? Is there existing software for it?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Almost misleading

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="1230zaf"]Do we know yet what kind of client this will require on the Palm? Is there existing software for it?[/QUOTE]
For Palm you should be able to do desktop sync with Outlook or use a SyncML client once we get SyncML support.