how many people does Zimbra server can service?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
13546dalmate
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13546dalmate »

I can find any document say about that problem.So who can answer for me.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

What question are you actually asking ? How many people can ZCS support ? If so 1 too 100k+ due to the scalable architecture. Sizing of the hardware is important aswell, so if you said I need to support 100 staff, we would say well are they going to use the Ajax client or standard HTML ? Is IMAP or POP3 being used etc ...
12237Dirk
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 12237Dirk »

As Uxbod says, Zimbra will support enough users in all situations.

How many users do you want it to support? If you want 1million active accounts using the web inteface, then you'd need to speak with Zimbra Tech team to find the best way to deploy such an installation as it's not going to work running on a standard desktop machine!
If you want to have 100 staff using a mix of web client, remote sync and pop3/imap, then that'll run on any decent server with a few gigs of ram.
13546dalmate
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13546dalmate »

Yeah,I want to use Zimbra to manager a server with the number account is a about millions.So I want to know what is the ability of zimbra such as:

how many account it can manager with single server?

when we use multi server,how it can share their jobs together?

thank you
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

If you want to run Zimbra for a million accounts I would highly recommend that you contact Zimbra pre-sales for their input.
12237Dirk
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 12237Dirk »

Some of the info in this thread may also be of interest: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-suc ... yment.html
13546dalmate
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13546dalmate »

My boss request our server must service with about a thousands account.so I want to know in fact that the open source version can service how much(not commercial version)because our system is using this version and now want to extend the number of accounts.
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Krishopper »

The Open Source version also supports a multiple-server setup. It all depends on how hard your servers are going to be hit and how many people are going to be using it at a given time. Expanding the open source edition is a little tricker since it doesn't come with the utility to move accounts from one server to another if you need to add another mailbox server. But you can have an open source Zimbra setup handle > 1 million accounts if you so desire. If you're not sure how to set it up, you may wish to invest in some time to read the forums and documentation, or invest in an knowledged engineer to help you get it going.
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by uxbod »

Also bear in mind that if you are going to have millions of account how are you going to back it all up ? NE version comes with a online backup facility whereas the community edition does not.
13546dalmate
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 13546dalmate »

thank you for your answer