Spam & Ham accounts didn't get created on installation.

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
4219splat1

Post by 4219splat1 »

Hey all,
Spam & Ham accounts didn't get created on installation (not a clue why),

Wiki didn't as well but I have created that account as a document store and updated the zmprov settings.
Attempted to do the same for the spam and ham, create two normal accounts then add them to the zmprov settings.
Sadly this time they have stayed as normal accounts and have not changed to system accounts (ie they still count against the licence).
Create accounts,

zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount admin.ham@domain.tld

zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount admin.spam@domain.tld
Is there anything else to do or a way to repair this ?
Thanks in advance,
4219splat1

Post by 4219splat1 »

Bump (Evil and anoying I know, but needed)
Anyone come across this issue? I would like to get it sorted before I comit to a licence (read, before I force downtime on my users)
12237Dirk
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 12237Dirk »

Is this server in use yet, or is it still in the build and test stage?

Unless it's in production, I would just nuke it and start again, the process should have worked perfectly, and the fact that it didnt means, to me at least, that I could spend days trying to work out why or I could just blow away the partitions and start again and be done in a few hours.
4219splat1

Post by 4219splat1 »

Its in use by my test group, only 20 odd users so I could bring it down for a few hours, just need to work out a way to backup their accounts and reimport them.
4219splat1

Post by 4219splat1 »

Plan is the scap the zimbra and reinstall (well re run the install script and over write all settings)
Looking at the docs, if I preform a full backup, pull the backup off, scrap the machine then copy back the data to the backup directory.

I should be able to restore my user accounts one by one without running into issues.
Anyone see a problem with this before I cause myself a long night ?