[SOLVED] Zimbra VPS(vmware) for download?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
mrdebian
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11_GA_1854.RHEL7_64_201

Post by mrdebian »

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is any link with a working Zimbra Colloboration Suite (Open Source) virtual machine? Either on Vmware, KVM, XEN etc are fine.
Thanks
mrdebian
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11_GA_1854.RHEL7_64_201

Post by mrdebian »

Just found it in case that anyone is interested in. You can request a download from the following url:

Virtual machine with Zimbra installed
Downloaded and tested, works fine.
dave_kempe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by dave_kempe »

also pretty sure Zimbra/Vmware will release appliances in the next release (if I read pm.zimbra.com correctly)
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

An official trial image can be found on the VMware Virtual Appliance Marketplace. An image that is suitable for production use will be available towards the end of Q2.
d2globalinc
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by d2globalinc »

[quote user="dave_kempe"]also pretty sure Zimbra/Vmware will release appliances in the next release (if I read pm.zimbra.com correctly)[/QUOTE]
So if I also read that right, is this why we have no 6.0.7 patch yet? Because they are messing with making the appliance? So in the mean time I'm losing clients by the day because sync with HTC Android phones (Like the new EVO thats selling like crazy) doesn't work outa the box, but is already patched in 6.0.7 :S
I hate zimbra's patch management..
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="d2globalinc"]So if I also read that right, is this why we have no 6.0.7 patch yet?[/QUOTE]No, that's not the reason.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
dave_kempe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by dave_kempe »

yeah I'm pretty sure the appliance making stuff was done a while ago - you can see from the updates in other threads that other bugs where blocking the release. The changes required to make a decent appliance would have been pretty minimal. In fact if I was going to go down this route, I would just build one from scratch, as I prefer to have my linux boxes set up a certain way.