Testing Environment

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
jhotchkiss

Testing Environment

Post by jhotchkiss »

I would like to install the Zimbra VMWare Appliance on my VSphere 4.0 server. However, I need to know can I configure the Zimbra Appliance to work in parallel to our existing mail server. In otherwords, if I provide the same MX record DNS name with another email address as it's pointer, will I be able to receive mail on both servers? How would I configure this?
Thank you,

Jason Hotchkiss
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Testing Environment

Post by phoenix »

Search the wiki (link at the top of this page) for the words 'split domain'.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
BradCampbell

Testing Environment

Post by BradCampbell »

Just as a data point, I did it differently (I did it before I found the wiki for split domains).
I set up zimbra as a subdomain. xx@yy.zz.com

I forward any mail for the accounts on the zimbra domain from xx@zz.com to the .yy.zz.com domain in the mailer setup.
I told zimbra to use the mailserver at zz.com as the outbound relay and I set up the mailserver at zz.com to rewrite any outbound yy.zz.com addresses as zz.com.
It looks ugly, but in all reality the zimbra config was 100% using the web interface and the mailserver at zz.com required one extra line in the config file for the rewrite.
I did it as I intend to only use the zimbra starter edition, and therefore I only want to have people who need mobile access or shared calendars on the zimbra server. The rest stay on the exim/qpopper/dovecot main mail server.