Centos 6.2 and Zimbra 7.2: high CPU during install and after

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
mrcoffee11
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mrcoffee11 »

Hi,

I installed Centos 6.2 and Zimbra 7.2. Installing takes an extremly long time and while running zimbra four java processes take up all CPU. Also antivirus won't start. Tried it three times now.

I installed Zimbra a couple off times now on Fedora machines and never ran into this problem. Because Fedora is being deprecated I want to switch.
Server got 2.4Ghz CPU, 2GB of mem and a 20GB drive. Works for me on Fedora. There is no swapping taking place.
Any clues?

Roderick
mrcoffee11
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mrcoffee11 »

Got it: I used the ISCSI VMware paravirtual driver for the VM and this did not work. Selected the LSI Logic Parallel driver and now all is well.
mrcoffee11
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mrcoffee11 »

No the paravirtualized driver was not the problem. This is what I get besides the slow server:
Host servername.domain..nl

Starting zmconfigd...Done.

Starting logger...Done.

Starting mailbox...Done.

Starting antispam...Done.

Starting antivirus...Failed.

Starting amavisd...Config file "/opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf" does not exist, at /opt/zimbra/amavisd/sbin/amavisd line 1799.

failed.

Starting freshclam...done.

Starting clamd...ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /opt/zimbra/conf/freshclam.conf

failed.

Starting snmp...Done.

Starting spell...Done.

Starting mta...Failed.

/opt/zimbra/postfix-2.7.8.3z/libexec/postfix-script: line 320: cmp: command not found

Starting saslauthd...saslauthd[23289] :set_auth_mech : failed to initialize mechanism zimbra

failed.

zmsaslauthdctl failed to start

Starting stats...Done.

Looking into how to Enable large pages for JVM and MySQL InnoDB but can not find how to do this. Anyone familiar with this?
mrcoffee11
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mrcoffee11 »

I got it!
Tried to activate the ACPI module in the kernel by editing the grub.conf file and this worked!

# vi /boot/grub/grub.conf

And set acpi=off to acpi =on
This also solved my problem with shutting down the Virtual Machine. Read more here.
ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) is an industry specification for the efficient handling of power consumption.
mrcoffee11
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mrcoffee11 »

My 4th and last reply to close this one: the fysical hard disk is malfunctioning. That is the root of the problems. Always difficult when a device is not working but not properly.