Integrity Report Errors when upgrading

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
gfdos.sys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by gfdos.sys »

As you may have gathered from my other recent posts,

I'm currently testing the path from 3.0.1_GA->4.0.1->4.5.6->5.0.1,

as per the answer given me in the forums here.

Having upgraded from 3.0.1_GA ->4.0.1->4.5.6, stopping after each step to

make sure I could login to both email accounts and to admin interface, went mostly smooth so far. (except that my Certificates were expired in 3.0.1 before I started and that screwed up install of Documents in 4.0.1. FIXED)

(Going from 4.0.1 to 4.5.6 went smooth)
NOW Installing 5.0.1 on top of 4.5.6, installer runs zmdbintegrityreport:

Do you want to verify message store database integrity? [Y] Y

Database errors found.

/opt/zimbra/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck --defaults-file=/opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf -s /opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock -A -C -s -u -root --password= --auto-repair

mysql.help_category

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `help_category`" to fix it!

mysql.help_keyword

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `help_keyword`" to fix it!

mysql.help_topic

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `help_topic`" to fix it!

mysql.help_category

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `help_category`" to fix it!

mysql.user

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `user`" to fix it!

mysql.config

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `config`" to fix it!

mysql.mailbox_metadata

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `mailbox_metadata`" to fix it!

mysql.out_of_office

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `out_of_office`" to fix it!

mysql.service_status

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `service_status`" to fix it!

mysql.table_maintenance

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `table_maintenance`" to fix it!

mysql.volume

error : Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR_TABKE `volume`" to fix it!

QUESTIONS:

1.Will the install fix this for me or Should I stop the install and Repair this before continuing the install of 5.0.1?

2.What version did zmdbintegrityreport start in?

(I'm want to go back and see if the damage was present in 3.0.1 store... that is still running on my production server, and address it earlier in the upgrade path if possible)
rsharpe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by rsharpe »

The installer should repair the tables automatically, but if you want good measure stop after this step and rerun the installer and it will check again, it shouldn't come back with any errors this time.
Intergrity Report started I believe in 4.5.7. But if you want to check the database in any version use the mysqlcheck binary.
zmdbintegrityreport is just a script calling a binary so you can check it out to see the syntax Zimbra uses.