What is possible in Open Source out of all this ?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
systemali

Post by systemali »

Hello all,
I have query with regards to Open Source edition, Can any one let me know what all from the below is possible in Open Source edition and any limitations if any :-
===============

1) There are 50 executives who wanted the calendar sharing across various multiple domains, is this possible ?
2) In the Zimbra Desktop it is not asking User name & Password. Whether it is possible to do in open source?
3) Briefcase & Calendar sharing.

4) Apple & Blackberry users ... calendar sharing has to work.

5) Address book -- Domain wise listing for the end users.
6) Common calendar sharing using Apple devices.
7) Out of office reply.

8) Admin panel for other department head team.
9) User Logs how to monitor & work.
10) Integrated third party spamming solution with zimbra.
============

Thank you for your time every one !!
systemali

Post by systemali »

What an apathy !!!!
80 views and not a single reply to a simple query like this. I am sure the board has great professionals and they could very well spare a couple of minutes to clear the cloud ...But/...shhh..!!!
If a newbie like us is not supported, how do you expect the product to reach the masses ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="systemali"]What an apathy !!!![/QUOTE]We could say that about the fact you haven't done any research or read the product documentation.
[quote user="systemali"]80 views and not a single reply to a simple query like this.[/QUOTE]You do realise that these forums ar Community supported, don't you? That means that people that post here and answer questions do so voluntarily and when they have the time.
These products are Open Source and supplied to you free of charge and you want people to answer questions that you can't be bothered to research so you can sell a Zimbra solution to your client, are they going to pay you for that research and implementation? How much of that income will you donate to the person answering your questions? If you're going to sell your client the NE version of Zimbra then contact Zimbra Sales and pose the questions and requirements your questions. Posting in a forum and demanding replies 'ASAP' is simply not done.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
systemali

Post by systemali »

Bill,
Highly appreciate you taking time out to contradict my views...very impressive....I am sure if you could have applied the same effort in just replying to my query in "Yes" and "No" the situation would have been opposite !!!
Well to inform you, I did do my research and i have all the answers to my query, But since i am new to it, I wanted an admin or senior to just drop in a few lines or one word replies as to what is possible and what not.
On that note. You can close this thread if you like.
Thank you for your response again