IRONMAIDEN 8.0.3 ported to FreeBSD

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
solko
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by solko »

[quote user="Maed"]Successfully installed Ironmaiden-808 on clean FreeBSD 9.2, but got same annoying issue with "unvis" as kosl:

slapd[68867]: unable to dlopen /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl-2.1.26.2z/lib/sasl2/libgs2.so.3: /opt/zimbra/heimdal-1.5.2/lib/libroken.so.19: Undefined symbol "unvis"

Is anyone got any luck fixing it?[/QUOTE]

hello Maed,
i am not guru-ish enough to fix this issue (compiler/linker along with /usr/include/vis.h issues). i have almost no C skills. or none at all.
if you are not afraid of simple and brutal solutions, you can try:

root@[zimbra8-freebsd92 /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl/lib/sasl2] # mkdir broken

root@[zimbra8-freebsd92 /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl/lib/sasl2] # mv libgs* broken/

unless you badly need gss that is.
best wishes,
s.
Maed

Post by Maed »

Skolko, thanks for reply. I`ll try to build it myself on FreeBSD 10 using the "ports" and the patch you provided at https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_on_FreeBSD. I already built 808`s "builddeps" and "rundeps" (but i confused my HDDs and now I have to re-build it again :( ).

The problem is: I cant clone "ironmaiden-808-foss" sources as described in zimbra wiki ( https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Building_Zimbra_using_Git )! Cloning "ironmaiden-807-foss" is OK, but ironmaiden-808-foss is not due to missing repo or incorrect rights. How did you get the source??
Regards,

Maed.
solko
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by solko »

[quote user="Maed"]Skolko, thanks for reply. I`ll try to build it myself on FreeBSD 10 using the "ports" and the patch you provided at https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_on_FreeBSD. I already built 808`s "builddeps" and "rundeps" (but i confused my HDDs and now I have to re-build it again :( ).

The problem is: I cant clone "ironmaiden-808-foss" sources as described in zimbra wiki ( https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Building_Zimbra_using_Git )! Cloning "ironmaiden-807-foss" is OK, but ironmaiden-808-foss is not due to missing repo or incorrect rights. How did you get the source??
Regards,

Maed.[/QUOTE]

maed,

i used the same exact steps described in wiki:

git clone git@zimbra-git:ironmaiden-foss

if you are still having trouble downloading the correct source i can give you mine - it is revision 6038.
furthermore, building new zimbra isn't that easy. you will need Sencha cmd along with openjdk8. however, it probably won't build on freebsd 10 because of pkgng.
nmd

Post by nmd »

Hallo
Got some trouble with the zimbra 8.0.8 on freebsd 9.2.
When I go to configure an choose MTA i get this failure!! what should I do... anyone??

Ett JavaScript-fel inträffade in method ZaOverviewPanelController.prototype._overviewTreeListener
fileName: https://x.x.x.x:7071/zimbraAdmin/js/XFo ... 0410115603 lineNumber: 457 columnNumber: 0
10119metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 10119metux »

[quote user="Maed"]

[/QUOTE]
The problem is, they're using that horribly bugging "git-fusion" for mirroring from p4 to git.

And they're even using it the wrong way, so the history is messed up (eg. no common

ancestors between branches, shortened history, etc).
Even worse: they dont even have stable release tags (well, p4 doesn't know that concept at all,

instead it only supports labeling groups of files - a totally different, which by the way makes

it very easy to mess things up ;-p).
The fact that they're playing around w/ that horrible tool p4 also explains why development,

especially fixes for existing releases, take to long. And by reading though their bugzilla

comments, it gets pretty clear they're having completely wrong workflows (eg. doing

bugfixes in the mainline first, then manually backporting them to older maintenance branches).
Of course, that's a total mess and just burns resources.
Perforce and its total lack of support for sophisticated workflows (eg. no rebase) is one

of the major problem makers.
Ary Firman

Post by Ary Firman »

I have successfully install Zimbra 8.0.8 r6038 on clean FreeBSD 9.3 installation
First time execute ./FreeBSD_amd64.install.sh it will force to install latest perl-5.14.4_4 from FreeBSD ports and then comes an error.
Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/DB /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/SOAP /opt/zimbra/libexec /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.14 .) at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 18, line 635.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 18, line 635.

Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmupgrade.pm line 23, line 635.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmupgrade.pm line 23, line 635.

Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl line 80, line 635.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl line 80, line 635.
So I decide to extract zimbra 8.0.8 package and install perl-5.14.2_2 from there.
Another error is I canÂ’t access Zimbra Administration Console-Configure-Global Settings-MTA interface.
JavaScript error encountered in method ZaOverviewPanelController.prototype._overviewTreeL istener

As this menu contains important settings like Protocol Checks, DNS checks, List of RBLs etc.
I was reading somewhere on zimbra forum that they removed sencha-cmd as a build requirement for FOSS. If this meant something, I would love to see zimbra works on pkgng package manager.
Solko, if you have ported another release, please let me know :oÂ…thanks in advance
cheers,
Ary Firman
root@mail:~ # uname –a

FreeBSD mail.mydomain.com 9.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE #0 r268512: Thu Jul 10 23:44:39 UTC 2014 root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
[zimbra@mail ~]$ zmcontrol -v

Release 8.0.8_GA_6038.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition
solko
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by solko »

ary,

the perl problem is somehow related to new perl and/or new freebsd and/or pkgng. yes, i am completely in the dark. basically, it fails to find the libraries in @INC. it has something to do with mach* and auto* stuff as it new fbsd/perl looks under different location. it would not be a problem if zimbra was build on 9.3.
9.3+/10+ needs a complete rework of the source tree to comply with pkgng.
as for sencha.. i have overcome sencha issues by mixing multiple jdk versions but it would be most awesome if we could do without it!
not much of a help, i know but i really lack time to handle this project properly :(. and i basically use linux for zimbra now.
best wishes,
s.
Ary Firman

Post by Ary Firman »

[QUOTE]ary,

the perl problem is somehow related to new perl and/or new freebsd and/or pkgng. yes, i am completely in the dark. basically, it fails to find the libraries in @INC. it has something to do with mach* and auto* stuff as it new fbsd/perl looks under different location. it would not be a problem if zimbra was build on 9.3.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for quick reply, solko. On my test server that libraries or link error has solved by installing perl-5.14.2_2 and i didn't find error on log report...CMIIW
[QUOTE]9.3+/10+ needs a complete rework of the source tree to comply with pkgng.

as for sencha.. i have overcome sencha issues by mixing multiple jdk versions but it would be most awesome if we could do without it![/QUOTE]
I can't comment on this, since it's really pain for me trying to port zimbra...learn...learn RTFM :o
[QUOTE]not much of a help, i know but i really lack time to handle this project properly :( and i basically use linux for zimbra now.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear that, but FYI...I have 2 FreeBSD server that each one of them running Zimbra 8.0.4 with hundreds users, Nginx + Wordpress + MySQL, Bind9 with only 4GB RAM. FreeBSD handle this all and I am very amazed of it. And don't forget that all of it running IPv6
Seems like i am going to miss your statement...."Beat that, Linux :P." :) :)
btw, I can set that MTA settings by using cli...
cheers,
Ary Firman
solko
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by solko »

[quote user="Ary Firman"]Thank you for quick reply, solko. On my test server that libraries or link error has solved by installing perl-5.14.2_2 and i didn't find error on log report...CMIIW

Seems like i am going to miss your statement...."Beat that, Linux :P." :) :)

[/QUOTE]

well, i have never said i would stop trying to port zimbra altogether. it's just.. i lack time. i used to spare all my free time with computers and now i can't.

anyway, it's not like i am a linux lover now, i do not think my 3 linux servers would qualify :D.
poke me on skype every month if you can spare the energy... and i will eventually break :).
best wishes,
s.
FUG-AZI

Post by FUG-AZI »

Hallo,
my name is Giovanni, I'm from Italy.
I've installed ZIMBRA IRONMAIDEN 8.0.8 on FreeBSD 9.0 Stable
[QUOTE]$ zmcontrol -v

Release 8.0.8_GA_6038.FreeBSD_amd64 FreeBSD_amd64 FOSS edition.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]$ : uname -a

FreeBSD zimbra.electribe.eu 9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #0: Mon Jun 18 09:48:10 CEST 2012 amd64 [/QUOTE]
All works fine except SASL authentication via email client (thunderbird).
When I try to send email SASL authentication doesn't work, in the log report I found:
Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra saslauthd[90269]: zmauth: authenticating against elected url 'https://zimbra.electribe.eu:7071/servic ... dmin/soap/' ...

Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra postfix/smtps/smtpd[91096]: warning: SASL authentication failure: size read failed

Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra postfix/smtps/smtpd[91096]: warning: SASL authentication failure: Password verification failed

Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra postfix/smtps/smtpd[91096]: warning: ip-87-238-25-75.static.adsl.cheapnet.it[87.238.25.75]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed: generic failure

Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra saslauthd[90270]: zmauth: authenticating against elected url 'https://zimbra.electribe.eu:7071/servic ... dmin/soap/' ...

Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra postfix/smtps/smtpd[91096]: warning: SASL authentication failure: size read failed

Jul 27 09:19:04 zimbra postfix/smtps/smtpd[91096]: warning: ip-87-238-25-75.static.adsl.cheapnet.it[87.238.25.75]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: generic failure

The error is "size read failed" and this error driving me crazy :(

I dont know why this is happening? Except for these error, the system seems to run perfectly.

Can someone help me find a solution?
Thanks in advance

Giovanni
P.S. Sorry for my bad english :o