upgrade to 6.0.2 stats and status no longer working

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
luiz.maia

Post by luiz.maia »

hi guys, the trick with logrotate do not work for me, still have to restart rsyslog.

the bbugzilla says "solved on 6.0.7" but not for me.......
i hope anybody can help!!!!
luiz.maia

Post by luiz.maia »

Thanks for no answer, but i resolved my problem.
my problem was on logrotate, so i saw some solutions like crontab to restart rsyslog, but the log info between logrotate and crontab(rsyslog)will be lost if you use this solution.
So, instead use the cron solution i've inserted the command to restart rsyslog into the postrotate section under /etc/logrotate.d/zimbra, like following:
#vim /etc/logrotate.d/zimbra
/var/log/zimbra.log {

daily

missingok

notifempty

create 0644 zimbra zimbra

postrotate

killall -HUP rsyslogd 2> /dev/null || true

su - zimbra -c "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmswatchctl restart" > /dev/null 2>&1 || true

/etc/init.d/rsyslog restart

endscript

compress

}
/var/log/zimbra-stats.log {

daily

missingok

notifempty

create 0644 zimbra zimbra

postrotate

killall -HUP rsyslogd 2> /dev/null || true

su - zimbra -c "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmlogswatchctl restart" > /dev/null 2>&1 || true

/etc/init.d/rsyslog restart

endscript

rotate 0

}
best greets from brazil!! :D
vinzenz

Post by vinzenz »

i have rsyslog too and since my update from 6.0.10 to 7.0.0 i had the same problem. stats and status stopped working every day at 7:24 and i had to restart rsyslog. fortunately i found this thread and changed the lines of /var/log/zimbra.log and /var/log/zimbra-stats.log in file /etc/logrotate.d/zimbra to
[QUOTE]kill -HUP `cat /var/run/rsyslog*.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true[/QUOTE]
as i did not have this problem before, it seems, the rsyslog patch (Bug 43081 – Server statistics fail after logrotate with rsyslogd) has been lost in 7.0.0.