Need help now

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
exentrius

Need help now

Post by exentrius »

I have read all the forum and i still have problems.
This is my situation runing in a WhiteBox 4 (like redhat EL 4):
1) i have configured the /etc/hosts file and its ok.

2) i installed all the packages needed for the zimbra pack

3) i installed the zimbra pack y its all work perfectly
I get inside the zimbra webmail and work perfectly but i can´t never get into the amdin page. I think there is a problem with the Ajax or the java.
I want to know wath is the minimun hardware requirement to install the zimbra and how can i do to install it with less resourses. And i want to know if i can get in the admin page remotley becouse i get in the admin page but locally and when i want to login i can´t becouse it tell me that the user admin does not exist.
Thank a lot.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Need help now

Post by 14319KevinH »

Minimum hardware is in the Quick Start guide here:

When">http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimbra_ ... start.html
When logging in as an admin you must use the full domain. So like admin@mydomain.com. Is that what you are trying?
exentrius

Need help now

Post by exentrius »

thanks, but i don´t understand wy i can get in the admin web localy with 127.0.0.1 but i cant get in throw the lan, for example, 192.168.0.200.
i would like to know what is wrong with this.

thanks
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Need help now

Post by 14319KevinH »

Are you getting an error? If so what is it? Do you have DNS on your client configured for that IP?
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Need help now

Post by marcmac »

[quote user="exentrius"]thanks, but i don´t understand wy i can get in the admin web localy with 127.0.0.1 but i cant get in throw the lan, for example, 192.168.0.200.
i would like to know what is wrong with this.

thanks[/QUOTE]
This is almost certainly an /etc/hosts problem - we didn't detect an ip for your box other than 127.0.0.1, so when we set up the port forwarding, we're only forwarding localhost.
As root, iptables -t nat -L will show the forwarding - if your hostname is listed, and resolves as 127.0.0.1, that's the problem.
Make sure your hostname shows up in /etc/hosts, NOT on the 127.0.0.1 line - then run /opt/zimbra/bin/zmiptables -u, followed by zmiptables -i