Gentoo Instructions?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
daly1

Gentoo Instructions?

Post by daly1 »

I am lookin for the vote and I see that there are LOTS for gentoo. Does that mean that gentoo support is coming up sometime soon?
Also, whoever installed M2 on gentoo successfully, could you please post the instructions here?
Thanks.
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

Gentoo Instructions?

Post by marcmac »

This poll is non-binding - we're using it to gauge community interest - but just because Gentoo is getting alot of votes, doesn't mean that gentoo support makes sense for Zimbra, as a company, to put resources towards.
We're not opposed to it - but we do have limited hours in the day...
Cpoc

Gentoo Instructions?

Post by Cpoc »

Maybe one of the gentoo guru can make an ebuild for it.
I myself don't use gentoo anymore...I have nothing against gentoo but just could not get it to work with my wireless and scripts and waiting forever for it to complie.
For desktop use it's ok and you have full control over your system but for production use or server use it does not make sence to use gentoo.
I switched to slackware for desktop and laptop.. Its easy works great and makes a quick stable home server. For full production servers I use centos because of it's hardware compatability. So far I have not found any hardware that won't work with centos.
RyecoAaron
Advanced member
Advanced member

Gentoo Instructions?

Post by RyecoAaron »

Anybody get anywhere with either an ebuild or install script for Gentoo?
I am running Zimbra GA on FC4 and it is wonderful (the GA build seems MUCH faster than the previous betas to me). But, I would love to run it on Gentoo which I am used to. I see by the poll that there are quite a few people who would like to have it running on Gentoo also.