Great Forbes Article !

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
savinrose

Great Forbes Article !

Post by savinrose »

Congratulations on the wonderful Forbes article in the January issue. Such a positive write up, thats how I found you. I believe 2006 will be quite a successful year for Zimbra.....
inzanix

Great Forbes Article !

Post by inzanix »

Is there a link to this article?
mattdono

Great Forbes Article !

Post by mattdono »

[quote user="inzanix"]Is there a link to this article?[/QUOTE]

Well, you didn't post the title of the article, but I think this is the right link: E-Mail Made Better (Huang, P. January 9, 2006. Forbes.com).
It is registry required, but you can always use BugMeNot.com (I used id: smartone123 & pw: smartone123 and that worked).
mattdono

Great Forbes Article !

Post by mattdono »

[quote user="savinrose"]I believe 2006 will be quite a successful year for Zimbra.....[/QUOTE]

I agree. Interesting quote from the article, "The average corporate user gets 470 e-mails a week and spends 15 hours dealing with them".
I would submit that at least 2 hours (maybe more) is used trying to find stuff. The Zimbra Search Builder feature (IMO) is an in-road to eliminating that manual or even aided searching. TB (and Outlook) have decent but fairly general search functions.
This is one area where Zimbra has them, hands down.
I would be happy if I only recieved 470 per week. For many of us, it is more triple than that. We (my company) migrated to Zimbra a month ago and I can already tell that Search Builder has made a huge impact on my email activity.
Search Builder is logical. Your brain remembers "stuff" (i.e., dates, names, subjects); Search Builder uses the "stuff" to find precisely what you are looking for (e.g., the email from Bob Smith on Tuesday December 27th about New Sales Figures).
So, it's real natural. You don't have to remember precisely where you put stuff. You poke around with Search Builder and sooner or later you have what your looking for OR you have such a manageable list of 5, 10, or 15 items to pick from.
IMO, Zimbra is to email as Google is to web searches.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great Forbes Article !

Post by 14319KevinH »

Thanks all!
BTW: We keep a list of articles here. Lots out there so we don't have them all listed but we try to keep it up-to-date.
http://www.zimbra.com/about/news.html