Postfix

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
stormchas3r

Postfix

Post by stormchas3r »

After a fresh install of SUSE10, i am recieving this error - Mar 9 13:10:03 mail postfix/postqueue[15757]: fatal: Queue report unavailable - mail system is down.
What all ports need to be opened for zimbra to work?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postfix

Post by phoenix »

Did the install go OK and without errors? IIRC SuSE 10 install postfix, did you disable that? Is Zimbra MTA actually down, what does a 'zmcontrol status' show?
If you need to open ports in your firewall do a search of the forums, they've been listed already.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
stormchas3r

Postfix

Post by stormchas3r »

Do I need to have SUSE's postfix disabled? For some reason, everything is running in zmcontrol status, emailing is working. w00t, heres the thing, last time everything was ok, i rebooted to install some memory and all hell broke loose. I am getting ready to try and reboot, as I cross my fingers. Ill let you know the outcome.
Also, what is the command to make only https enabled not mixed?
I found it, zmctl* or something like that. I rebooted and everything is running, *wipes head* But when i start zimbra I am still getting the postfix error and then later when mta starts , it actually starts zimbra's postfix.
Thanks for your help.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postfix

Post by phoenix »

Are you still getting the same error message? Could you post all the error messages you get when that one appears?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra