Redhat file version wrong

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
matthijsberg

Post by matthijsberg »

Hello,
Today I downloaded the OS version for redhat from a Dutch mirror server (SourceForge).
From there I received a file with the name zcs-4.1.0_GA_332.RHEL4.tgz. The install fails and after reading a few forum posts, I decided to download the file again. Now, from a different server, I receive a file named zcs-3.1.0_GA_332.RHEL4.tgz.
Is it possible that a there is a flaw in the replication between the mirrors?
I think the download is ready now, so I'll let you now if the install works now! :confused:
krg

Matthijs
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

Did you download it twice? Maybe Firefox or what ever you used to download the file renamed it.
matthijsberg

Post by matthijsberg »

I did download it twice, but only after I saw the stange version number. Also if firefox (yes I am using firefox) finds an existing file, it adds a number to the end of the filename.
I have the new version working now, but still have some strange things. I installed it, en it worked. But after a reboot the services won't start. I found a forum post on this one, and manually I can start the service (zmcontrol start) without any problems.
So my question now would be, how can I add this to the startup sequence, so Zimbra will start again automatic?
Also, might this be due to the many installing and uninstalling I have performed???
StefanD
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by StefanD »

[QUOTE]I have the new version working now, but still have some strange things. I installed it, en it worked. But after a reboot the services won't start. I found a forum post on this one, and manually I can start the service (zmcontrol start) without any problems.[/QUOTE]
If you run the following command:

chkconfig --list zimbra

Do you get the next output?

zimbra 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
matthijsberg

Post by matthijsberg »

Thanks for your responce!
I do not get this responce, in fact, I do net get any responce at all. If I do the same for example the smb service I do get a likewise responce.
So it seams the service is not installed? Can someone help me further on how to do this?
Many thanks in advance!

Matthijs
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Is your zimbra server working ok? Is it just that it doesn't start at boot time? If it's the start problem have a look at this thread
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
matthijsberg

Post by matthijsberg »

Server is working fine after an manual start ,su zimbra, zmcontrol start.
I hve read the post, en followed the tips in there. This seems to work, I see the rule after a chkconfig now.
Not rebooted yet, but i guess it will work...
Many thanks to you all!
unilogic
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by unilogic »

Speaking of the /etc/init.d/zimbra script... anyone else find it missing in zimbra's release RHEL 3.1?
Ben
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, several people seem to be having problems. After looking at this problem I noticed that my init.d script didn't get updated during the last(?) upgrade, I've filed it in bugzilla.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra