Where's the 4.5 Virtual Appliance?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
danfluidmind

Post by danfluidmind »

Now that 4.5 has been officially released, where is the VMware Virtual Appliance to be found? It's not mentioned anywhere on the website. And if I fill out the form to download the Network trial, the page of downloads doesn't have it there either.
Thanks

--Dan
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="danfluidmind"]Now that 4.5 has been officially released, where can I find the VMware Virtual Appliance. It's not mentioned anywhere on the website. And if I fill out the form to download the Network trial, the page of downloads doesn't have it there either.[/QUOTE]Go to this page then choose Try Network Edition and in the drop-down Product Edition choose ZCS Virtual Appliance. It's been mentioned once or twice in the forums, IIRC.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
danfluidmind

Post by danfluidmind »

Thanks, Phoenix. Apparently the Virtual Appliance is still using the beta of 4.5. Anyone have any idea when that will be updated?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I was under the impression that it was going to be the GA release for the VM appliance. What version number do you have?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
danfluidmind

Post by danfluidmind »

The page says:
[quote]This highly optimized appliance is easy to install and is certified by VMware; it is available as a trial or to pre-order (note we do not recommend running pre-GA software on production)."[/quote]
I assumed that meant that it's not using the GA yet. Plus, when you go to the download form, the popup says "ZCS Virtual Appliance (beta)"
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I assume that it's the VM appliance that's a beta version not the Zimbra server.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
1542brian
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 1542brian »

We have very busy working on the Zimbra Appliance and VM release and should have another beta release out shortly. The next release will contain the ZCS 4.5.x GA bits but will still be considered beta for the platform.
danfluidmind

Post by danfluidmind »

Great!
Thanks for the update, Brian.
--Dan
lars_BE

Post by lars_BE »

hi,
i just installed the 4.5.2 Developer Release 2 ZCS VMWare Virtual Appliance. It is running under ESX 3.0 and things seem to be running pretty good. The rbuilder os seems to use much less resources than my Red Hat version installation.
Is it realy not suited for production ? Is there anyone with expierence ?
the second graph is with only one mailbox, so very low charge.
thanks,

Lars.
Snap1.jpg
Snap2.jpg
antonio.meireles

Post by antonio.meireles »

[quote user="1542brian"]We have very busy working on the Zimbra Appliance and VM release and should have another beta release out shortly. The next release will contain the ZCS 4.5.x GA bits but will still be considered beta for the platform.[/QUOTE]

Is this going to be VMware specific ? I would pay for a x86_64 xenU VM release ;) (rBuilder allows that and mucj more on the fly)...