[SOLVED] Upgrading Questions

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

We have been evaluating Zimbra and it has been chosen to take the place of our current email and calendering programs. :D We are running Network Trial version 4.5.5 for our testing and I see that 4.5.7 has been released. We would like to see how an upgrade goes. I would also like to install the beta version 5.0 to see some of it's new features. I am wondering if there is any documentation on performing an upgrade. Does it keep your server settings and do you have to install the updates in order? Meaning, can I skip a version and go directly to the version I want. By the way, I am so excited about becoming a Zimbra Administrator for our company.
Thank You,

Sherry
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

The upgrade is extremely simple, just run './install.sh'. :D
Now, obviously, you'll want to run a backup before you do that but otherwise there's nothing special to do. You also don't need to run any intermediate releases, you can just install the current version. That said, you should always check the release notes before doing an upgrade just in case there are any special instructions or 'gotchas'.
The beta 5 version for Network Edition hasn't been released yet, it's due soon.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

Thanks Bill,

I will give it a shot. What is the 5 beta 3 version? Is that not the network edition? I must have misunderstood.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="selliott"]Thanks Bill,

I will give it a shot. What is the 5 beta 3 version? Is that not the network edition? I must have misunderstood.[/QUOTE]No, that's only the Open Source version, the Network Edition beta will be RC1.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

BTW upgrade instructions are always contained in the bottom of the release notes as well

http://www.zimbra.com/pdf/Zimbra NE Release Notes.pdf
http://files.zimbra.com/blog/beta3/beta3-notes.pdf
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

Thank You so much guys. I look forward to being part of the Zimbra team. I have been impressed with the quick responses and Zimbra in general.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Just a bit of additional information, you can keep up-to-date with product releases via the Product Portal.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra