Improving Disk Performance

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
marciogentil

Post by marciogentil »

Gentlemen, good evening. I have the ZCS 7.2.5 virtualized on VMware 6. The operating system CentOS 6.7 is installed on a virtual disk and / opt, in another virtual disk. The server physical disks are SAS 10k. The VM Zimbra has 4 GB of RAM and 4 cores. But would like to improve the performance and I believe that the indexing process is I / O increase. How do I reset the index to obeter better performance? I set up the indexing process to be done only at night? Thank you. Marcio
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You have to little RAM and (probably) too many vCores (more isn't better) on that server. You haven't given much information about your disk subsystems or whether it's on any type of RAID. Why do you think you need to improve performance? What type of workload do you see on the Zimbra server, how many users, what type of connections, how many active users at one time etc., etc., etc.? Have you looked at the wiki articles on Performance Tuning for running ZCS in a VM or the wiki article on Server Performance Planning, there are also lots of forum threads on this performance subject.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra