OpenSource Edition vs Network Edition

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
cfreire_lt

OpenSource Edition vs Network Edition

Post by cfreire_lt »

Hola como estan, tengo una duda, soy casi nuevo en instalaciones de Zimbra, y quisiera que me ayuden con un par de dudas que tengo.

1. Si tengo un Zimbra OpenSource y quiero activarle una licencia, es posible??? Tendría necesariamente que convertirse en Network Edition o no necesariamente?

2. Cual es la diferencia entre OpenSource y Network Edition, a parte del pago obviamente?.

Hi, I have two questions, I'm new in Zimbra installations, and would like to help me with a couple of questions I have.

1. If I have a Zimbra Open Source and later i want licenses it, it is possible ??? Would necessarily become Network Edition or not necessarily?

2. What is the difference between Open Source and Network Edition, a part of the payment obviously ?.
cayaraa
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS 8 NE & ZCS 8 FOSS

Re: OpenSource Edition vs Network Edition

Post by cayaraa »

cfreire_lt wrote: 1. If I have a Zimbra Open Source and later i want licenses it, it is possible ??? Would necessarily become Network Edition or not necessarily?
Yeah I believe you can install the NE over the OSE thats already there and then apply the license file that you receive after paying.
cfreire_lt wrote: 2. What is the difference between Open Source and Network Edition, a part of the payment obviously ?.
There are several but the 3 we use the most are, built in backup/restore, active sync for mobile access (professional NE lic), and being able to migrate mailboxes from one backend zimbra mailbox server to another (zmmailboxmove). Details can be found here:
https://www.zimbra.com/email-server-sof ... omparison/